Disclaimer: These resources are regularly reviewed to ensure that links still work correctly and the resources listed continue to be helpful to our visitors. If you find that a link isn't working or information is incorrect or if you'd like to have your own organization listed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Because we want to be sure that our visitors find the most relevant resources, we encourage you to visit the organization's website for more detailed information.
Anemia occurs when a person has a low number of red blood cells and therefore a low hemoglobin concentration. When this happens, it is hard for the blood to carry oxygen. People with severe anemia can be pale, weak, tired, and become short of breath.
To support, connect and educate patients, caregivers and health professionals on bone marrow failure diseases worldwide
- Free educational materials: Information on research, treatment, and clinical trials
- Online Academy: Live webinars, webcasts, interviews with experts, and interactive learning modules
- Peer Support Network: Patients and caregivers can speak with trained patient volunteers who share treatment experiences and provide emotional support
- Community Connections: Volunteer-led regional support groups connecting patient and families
- Online Community: MarrowCommunity.org is an online community for patients with bone marrow failure and their families. Members can connect with others, share resources, learn about upcoming events and have their questions answered.
- Educational Conferences: Our free conferences in cities around the country offer learning opportunities from leading medical experts, and the ability to connect directly with other patients and caregivers
- Travel Assistance: To ensure that patients can see a specialist to seek the best course of treatment. Financial aid may be available for U.S.-based patients with demonstrated financial need
Find A Specialist: online search tool.
Patients and families living with Aplastic Anemia, Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS), Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria (PNH), and related bone marrow failure diseases800-747-2820 or email@example.com http://www.aamds.org
To find effective treatments and a cure for Fanconi anemia (FA) and to provide education and support services to affected families worldwide.
- Provides information on disease and treatment, including fact sheets and newsletter
- Offers information on clinical trials and testing centers internationally
- Manages online support groups and an international family support network
- Offers informational meetings and support services
- Sponsors research grants
Patients and families affected by Fanconi anemia888-326-2664 http:\\www.fanconi.org