Please note that these resources are regularly reviewed to ensure that links still work correctly and that the resources listed continue to be helpful to our visitors. If you find that a link isn't working or information is incorrect, please email email@example.com. If you would like for us to consider adding your organization to this resource, please complete and submit this form.
Anemia occurs when a person has a low number of red blood cells and therefore a low hemoglobin concentration. When this happens, it is hard for the blood to carry oxygen. People with severe anemia can be pale, weak, tired, and become short of breath.
Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation
Patients and families living with Aplastic Anemia, Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS), Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria (PNH), and related bone marrow failure diseases
To support, connect and educate patients, caregivers and health professionals on bone marrow failure diseases worldwide
- Free educational materials: Information on research, treatment, and clinical trials
- Online Academy: Live webinars, webcasts, interviews with experts, and interactive learning modules
- Peer Support Network: Patients and caregivers can speak with trained patient volunteers who share treatment experiences and provide emotional support
- Community Connections: Volunteer-led regional support groups connecting patient and families
- Educational Conferences: Our free conferences in cities around the country offer learning opportunities from leading medical experts, and the ability to connect directly with other patients and caregivers
- Find A Specialist: online search tool.
Fanconi Anemia Research Fund
Patients and families affected by Fanconi anemia
To find effective treatments and a cure for Fanconi anemia (FA) and to provide education and support services to affected families worldwide.
- Provides information on disease and treatment, including fact sheets and newsletter
- Offers information on clinical trials and testing centers internationally
- Manages online support groups and an international family support network
- Offers informational meetings and support services
- Sponsors research grants
Patients, families, and advocates affected by Warm Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia
To alleviate suffering and the socioeconomic impact of wAIHA through fostering and facilitating collaboration in the areas of education, public awareness, research, and patient engagement.
- Provides information on disease and treatment, including online information and quarterly newsletter
- Offers information on clinical trials
- Offers educational webinars and information on support resources
- Provides social networking peer support and a mentorship program for patients and caregivers