This page contains information about the following topics:
- Program Information
- Eligibility Requirements
- How to Apply
- Online Portal Registration
- Frequently Asked Questions
- We Want to Hear How This Program Has Helped You!
- Benefits and Taxable Income
- Contact Information
To access this page in Spanish, click here.
(Open) Fund is currently OPEN and accepting applications.
The LLS Patient Aid Program provides financial assistance to blood cancer patients. Eligible patients will receive a one-time $100 stipend to help offset non-medical expenses like transportation, food, housing, utilities, etc. There are no income criteria to qualify for this program; patients can be insured or uninsured.
As a non-profit organization, we rely on the generosity of our sponsors. Program continuation is dependent on the availability of funds and the program could be modified or discontinued at any time if funding is limited or no longer available.
To be eligible for this program:
- Reside in the U.S. or U.S. territories at the time of their application.
- Have a confirmed diagnosis of blood cancer, be in active treatment, scheduled to begin treatment or in follow up care.
- Have NOT received a Patient Aid Program award in the past.
- By Phone: (877) 557-2672 (Hablamos Espanol)
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET
- Online Portal: Click Here
24/7, Available in English only
Please note: There is a separate portal for the Co-Pay Assistance Program.
Patients who do not have a Social Security number or Alien ID number should call (877) 557-2672 to apply. Please note that these patients will be required to submit documentation to verify identity.
Click here to download the paper application.
Required Information for Application:
- The patient’s Social Security Number and date of birth
- If patient is a minor (under the age of 18), patient AND guardian’s Social Security Numbers and date of birth are required.
- Patients who do not have a Social Security number or Alien ID number should call (877) 557-2672 to apply. Please note that these patients will be required to submit documentation to verify identity.
- The patient’s blood cancer diagnosis
- Physician’s information (first and last name, and location)
This information will not be shared and is for verification purposes only.
To Create an Online Portal Account:
If this is your first time visiting the LLS Financial Assistance Portal, you will need to register before you can start the online application. To create a portal account you will need the following:
- A valid email address
- Medical Healthcare Providers
- Healthcare provider’s email address
- Healthcare provider/Facility’s tax ID*
- Healthcare provider/Facility’s National Provider Identifier (NPI)*
*Healthcare providers without a tax ID or NPI should use that of the primary facility/provider.
Once you submit your portal registration, you'll receive an email (typically within five minutes) directing you to a website to create your password. You can then begin entering your application information.
For portal technical support: Please call us at 866-446-7377 or e-mail FinancialAssistance@lls.org.
*Medical healthcare providers may include:
We would love to hear how the financial assistance provided by LLS has helped you. Patient stories help us illustrate the impact and importance of this program in the lives of blood cancer patients.
To submit a story by mail, please send to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Patient Financial Assistance Programs
3 International Drive, Suite 200, Rye Brook, NY 10573
Thank you for sharing!
As a charity, LLS is exempt from federal income tax and individuals who receive assistance from a charity to meet their personal needs do not generally have to pay federal income tax on the value of the assistance they receive. With this being said it should not affect their ability to receive financial assistance from the government or affect their income taxes.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Patient Aid Program
P.O. Box 12268
Newport News, VA 23612
Toll Free Phone: (877) 557-2672
Fax: (866) 808-3793
Live Chat is not available for the Patient Aid Program.