Please note that these resources are regularly reviewed to ensure that links still work correctly and that the resources listed continue to be helpful to our visitors. If you find that a link isn't working or information is incorrect, please email email@example.com. If you would like for us to consider adding your organization to this resource, please complete and submit this form.
Cancer patients, survivors, caregivers, healthcare professionals in the US
To improve the lives of LGBT cancer survivors and those at risk by educating the LGBT community about increased cancer risks and the importance of screening and early detection; training health care providers to offer more culturally-competent, safe and welcoming care; and advocating for LGBT survivors in mainstream cancer organizations, the media and research.
- Resource library contains up-to-date research articles, webinars, videos, fact sheets, etc.
- Maintains directories of LGBT-welcoming cancer screening facilities and cancer treatment facilities in the US
- Provides LGBT cultural competency trainings for health and human service providers.
Young Adult and Adult Patients, Survivors, and Caregivers
To raise awareness and diminish the threat of cancer in the LGBT community worldwide, through research, education, survivor support and advocacy. To provide cancer-related programs, services and research focused on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex people and other sexuality and gender diverse people and communities.
- Online support group community
- Patient and survivor stories
- Advocacy and research
LGBTQ+ communities in the US and Canada
To provide extensive information, education, training, consultation, resources, community programming, mentorship, and research for LGBTQ+ people looking for healthcare solutions. OutCare has a number of LGBTQ+ initiatives, including:
• OutList directory of LGBTQ+ affirming providers
• LGBTQ+ Public Resource Database
• Mentorship Program
• OutTalk series on diversity and intersectionality
• OutReach Community Building & Support Groups
• OutPost blogs
• LGBTQ+ research and trainings