Note about ongoing service for all financial assistance programs:
The current situation has affected the program wait times in all areas, including wait times on the phones, claims and application processing. Current phone wait times are longer than usual, and can be as long as one hour. Assisting our patients is of the highest priority. The portals are always open, and you can continue to use your virtual pharmacy card without a delay.
We are diligently working to assist patients as quickly as possible. Thank you for your understanding and patience during this time.
New! Financial Assistance for Patients Impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic
During these uncertain times, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is here for you. We recognize the unique concerns of blood cancer patients and their families during the COVID-19 pandemic, and we are amplifying our efforts to provide you with information and support.
LLS has established the LLS COVID-19 Patient Financial Aid Program to help eligible blood cancer patients experiencing financial hardship due to the pandemic. See below for eligibility requirements and instructions on how to apply.
This page contains information about the following topics:
- Available Funding
- Eligibility Requirements
- How to Apply (includes Online Portal step-by-step instructions)
- Online Portal Registration
- Frequently Asked Questions
- We Want to Hear How This Program Has Helped You!
- Contact Information
- Program Support
To access this page in Spanish, click here.
LLS COVID-19 Patient Financial Aid Program - provides $250 to eligible blood cancer patients experiencing financial hardship due to the pandemic. This will help patients offset non-medical expenses including rent, mortgage, utilities and food.
Patients do not need to have a COVID-19 diagnosis to apply. Patients who have already received assistance from the Patient Aid Program other LLS Patient Financial Assistance Programs can apply.
**As a non-profit organization, we rely on the generosity of our sponsors. Program continuation is dependent on the availability of funds and the program could be modified or discontinued at any time if funding is limited or no longer available.**
- Patients must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and reside in the U.S. or U.S. territories.
- Patients must have a confirmed diagnosis of blood cancer, be in active treatment, scheduled to begin treatment or in follow up care, all attested to by the patient or care team member.
- There are no income criteria.
- Patients may be insured or uninsured.
- Patients do not need to have a COVID-19 diagnosis
LLS offers patients, caregivers, and medical healthcare providers* two easy ways to apply:
- Phone: (877) 557-2672
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET
**Please note the call center is experiencing high call volume and wait times are longer than usual.**
- Online Portals: For Patients | For Medical Healthcare Providers
24/7, Available in English only
Step-by-step portal instructions: For Patients | For Medical Healthcare Providers
**If you applied on the portal and are concerned about the status of your application: Please log back onto the portal to check the status of your application. It will appear on the initial landing page on the portal.**
*Medical healthcare providers may include:
Required Information for Application:
- The patient’s Social Security Number and date of birth
- If patient is a minor (under the age of 18), patient AND guardian’s Social Security Numbers and date of birth are required.
- The patient’s blood cancer diagnosis
- Physician’s information (first and last name, and location)
This information will not be shared and is for verification purposes only.
To Create an Online Portal Account:
If this is your first time visiting the LLS Financial Assistance Portal, you will need to register before you can start the online application.To create a portal account you will need the following:
- A valid email address
- Medical Healthcare Providers
- Healthcare provider’s email address
- Healthcare provider/Facility’s tax ID*
- Healthcare provider/Facility’s National Provider Identifier (NPI)*
*Healthcare Providers without a tax ID or NPI should use that of the primary facility/provider.
Once you submit your portal registration, you'll receive an email (typically within five minutes) directing you to a website to create your password. You can then begin entering your application information.
For portal technical support: Please call us at 866-446-7377 or e-mail FinancialAssistance@lls.org.
We would love to hear how the financial assistance provided by LLS has helped you. Patient stories help us illustrate the impact and importance of this program in the lives of blood cancer patients.
To submit a story by mail, please send to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Patient Financial Assistance Programs
3 International Drive, Suite 200, Rye Brook, NY 10573
Thank you for sharing!
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Patient Aid Program
P.O. Box 12268
Newport News, VA 23612
Toll Free Phone: (877) 557-2672
Fax: (866) 808-3793
Live Chat is not available for the Patient Aid Program.
LLS is a nonprofit organization that relies on the generosity of individual, foundation and corporate contributions to advance its mission. The COVID-19 Patient Financial Aid Program is supported in partnership with:
- AbbVie, Inc.
- Amgen Inc.
- Bristol Myers Squibb Foundation
- Burlington Stores
- Foundation Medicine, Inc.
- Genentech, a member of the Roche Group
- MorphoSys Foundation
- PHL COVID-19 Fund
- Seattle Genetics
- Servier Pharmaceuticals
- Subaru of America, Inc.
- Takeda Oncology
- The Pfizer Foundation