Disclaimer: These resources are regularly reviewed to ensure that links still work correctly and the resources listed continue to be helpful to our visitors. If you find that a link isn't working or information is incorrect or if you'd like to have your own organization listed here, please email email@example.com. Because we want to be sure that our visitors find the most relevant resources, we encourage you to visit the organization's website for more detailed information.
Patients, caregivers and families before, during and after a blood or marrow transplant (BMT), healthcare professionals, researchers
To create an opportunity for all patients to receive the blood, marrow, or umbilical cord blood transplant they need; to provide free support, information and transplant-related resources
- Be The Match, operated by the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP), manages the largest and most diverse marrow registry in the world; conducts research to improve transplant outcomes; provides legislative advocacy to protect patient access to care; provides clinical education for healthcare professionals
- Certified oncology patient navigators and licensed social workers provide confidential, one-on-one support and reliable, easy-to-understand information from diagnosis through recovery. Emotional support is provided through counseling and support groups as well as through connections with others who’ve been through transplant
- Helps to access financial grants and insurance resources, including Be The Match grants
- Provides personalized support to search for and join clinical trials, including the Jason Carter Clinical Trials Program. Visit www.jcctp.org or call 888-814-8610 for details.
Transplant patients, survivors and their caregivers in the U.S.
BMT InfoNet is dedicated to providing transplant patients, survivors and their loved ones with emotional support and high quality, easy-to-understand information about bone marrow, peripheral blood stem cell and cord blood transplants.
- Offers easy-to-understand information about bone marrow, peripheral blood stem cell and cord blood transplants
- Transplant Directory search tool
- Educational webcasts
- Caring Connections, a program that links people who are considering a transplant, or a family member, with others who have been through transplant and can offer support
- Counseling services to help patients understand treatment options and potential healthcare providers
- BMT InfoNet Drug Database is a guide that lists many of the drugs bone marrow, stem cell and cord blood transplants patients receive during treatment; it explains why they are used and some of the possible side effects.
Patient Assistance Fund offers a limited amount of financial assistance for gas, food, rent or other necessities. Social workers may apply on behalf of a patient via phone or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Patients, families, caregivers
To advance the clinical application of newborn stem cells by partnering with leading research institutions to establish FDA-regulated clinical trials, exclusive to CBR families, for conditions that have no cure today.
- Newborn Possibilities Program® offers free cord blood and tissue processing and five years of storage to qualifying families in the U.S.
- Genetic counselors are available to discuss your family’s medical history and to answer questions about how newborn stem cells might be applicable to your family.
Patients, caregivers, health professionals
To investigate cord blood as a possible solution to a critical public health need: finding appropriate hematopoietic transplants for patients who have no matched bone marrow donors.
- Makes cord blood available to children and adults who face a life-threatening illness and need "stem cell" transplants from unrelated donors
- Collects, processes, tests and stores cord blood that mothers donate for use by patients in need
- Website provides basic information about cord blood transplants.
Families throughout the U.S. who want to save umbilical cord blood for their children when there is a specific medical indication for banking
Provides free cord blood banking for a full family member with a need for transplant.
- The Sibling Connection combines the Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute (CHORI) and the national Sibling Donor Cord Blood Program with the high quality cord blood processing services conducted by ViaCord.
Transplant patients and families, caregivers, survivors
To improve the quality of life for cancer and transplant patients and their families by providing vital financial assistance, comprehensive resources, educational information, physician referrals, and emotional support programs.
- Lifeline Fund provides financial support to help cover the costs of donor searches, medications, home and child care services, medical equipment, transportation, cord blood banking, housing costs and other expenses associated with transplant
- Carelines provides social media tools for crowdfunding, journaling and a volunteer task calendar for anyone with a cancer diagnosis or receiving a bone marrow, stem cell or cord blood transplant
- Airbnb Open Homes Medical Stays offers free temporary housing for cancer and transplant patients and their caregivers
- One-to-One Fund enables patients to reach out to family, friends and social networks for financial support
- Scholarship Grants help make educational aspirations a reality for bone marrow, stem cell or cord blood transplant survivors
- Clinical Care Counseling provides confidential individual and family supportive counseling, financial guidance and resource referrals for cancer, transplant patients, and family members
- Ask the Expert enables individuals to anonymously pose questions concerning transplantation and to have them answered by transplant specialists
- SupportLine links transplant patients and their families with volunteers who have gone through the transplant experience
- Support Groups provide patients, families and caregivers the opportunity to share experiences and draw support from one another
- Medical and Educational Handbooks provide comprehensive transplant information and resources