Disclaimer: Please note that these resources are regularly reviewed to ensure that links still work correctly and that the resources listed continue to be helpful to our visitors. If you find that a link isn't working or information is incorrect, please email email@example.com. If you would like for us to consider adding your organization to this resource, please complete and submit this form.
Cancer Support Community (CSC)
People affected by cancer in the U.S. and Canada
To provide support, education and hope to people affected by cancer; to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community.
- Offers support through a network of more than 52 local affiliates and 175 locations
- Cancer Support Helpline® - offers resources and emotional support via phone or live chat, and is staffed by licensed mental health professionals
- MyLifeLine - create a private, personal webpage to help keep family and friends stay involved and informed
- Frankly Speaking About Cancer® – education series that provides trusted information on a variety of topics important to people affected by cancer; information is available in a variety of formats
- Virtual Home - resources to connect you to education, support, and action opportunities to enhance your health and well-being from the comfort of your computer
- Open to Options – provides general information about clinical trials, helps patients identify important questions about treatment options and decisions based upon personal needs
- CancerSupportSource® - a tool that assesses distress in key areas (such as sleep, nutrition, worry about the future) and provides referral and follow-up care for all patients
- Cancer Experience Registry - a unique online community that brings people impacted by cancer together to make their voices heard, connect with each other, share experiences, learn from and help others
- Cancer Transitions – an evidence-based programs for cancer survivors who have completed their treatment (in partnership with LIVESTRONG)
Anyone who is coping with illness and seeking online support and connections
To amplify the love, hope, and compassion in the world, making each health journey easier; to ensure families can connect, share and receive support during any type of health event; to create a grateful, engaged community of volunteers, supporters and donors.
- Offers protected, online space where you can connect, share news, and receive support 24/7
- Family and friends can visit the site to stay informed and leave supportive messages
- SupportPlanner is an online calendar that helps family and friends coordinate care and organize helpful tasks, like bringing a meal, offering rides, taking care of pets and other needs.
Lotsa Helping Hands
Patients, caregivers and volunteers worldwide
Lotsa Helping Hands offers free online tools designed to make life easier for caregivers and volunteers.
- Provides a caregiver-focused online calendar, which enables members to schedule and sign up for tasks that provide respite for the caregiver (such as meals for the family, rides to medical appointments, and visits)
- Allows communication with one another through message boards, posting personal blogs, sharing photos, and sending well wishes to the family
- Coordinators can safely store and retrieve vital information for the family – from medical and health records to financial and legal documents
- Caregivers benefit from the gifts of much needed help, emotional support, and peace of mind, while volunteers find meaning in giving back to those in need.