The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) knows how challenging it can be to plan for your future during or after cancer treatment. Hospital stays and interruptions in school may mean pausing your goals. And the high cost of cancer care can make affording higher education difficult.
As you navigate life after diagnosis or treatment, we’re here to help. The LLS Scholarship for Blood Cancer Survivors provides up to $7,500 to cover tuition for virtual or in-person vocational, two-year, or four-year post-secondary education. Your future is now, and we want to support your dreams.
To be eligible for the Scholarship program, an applicant must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be a blood cancer patient or survivor diagnosed at age 25 or younger
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. or a U.S. territory
- Submit an LLS Diagnosis Verification Form
- Be attending or planning to attend virtual or in-person vocational, two-year, or four-year post-secondary education in the U.S. Applicants can be full-time or part-time students. The scholarship cannot be used towards graduate level programs.
- July 15, 2021
Begin accepting applications (capped at first 300 applications submitted)
- September 30, 2021 at 3pm EST
Deadline for completed applications. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- April 1, 2022
Notify applicants of award status
How to Apply
Before applying, please review our Program Guidelines .
- Step 1
Access the Online Application Portal
24/7, available in English only
- Step 2
First-time users: create a new account
(user ID and Password)
- Step 3
Log onto the application portal and complete the Eligibility Questions
*Applicants will receive an email regarding their eligibility. Eligible applicants will receive an email inviting them to submit a full application.
- Step 4
Begin application submission
Information Needed to Complete Your Full Application
- Short answer
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Diagnosis verification form
Our founding supporters are dedicated to helping patients, survivors, and families get the support they need. Thanks to these essential partners, LLS is proud to offer the LLS Scholarship for Blood Cancer Survivors:
Alex Okafor Family Foundation
Beth Ayres in memory of Alan Ayres
Elbit Systems of America