Partnership since June 2022
In June 2022 and January 2023, LLS made an equity investments in Faron Pharmaceuticals to "Support Clinical Development of the Bexmarilimab Program for Leukemia Indications."
Faron (AIM: FARN, First North: FARON) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel treatments for medical conditions with significant unmet needs caused by dysfunction of our immune system. The Company currently has a pipeline based on the receptors involved in regulation of immune response in oncology, organ damage and bone marrow regeneration. Bexmarilimab, a novel anti-Clever-1 humanized antibody, is its investigative precision immunotherapy with the potential to provide permanent immune stimulation for difficult-to-treat cancers through targeting myeloid function. A Phase 1 study in AML, MDS and CMML (BEXMAB) has been cleared by the FDA and Finnish Medicines Agency and is currently enrolling patients (NCT05428969) in the US and Finland.
For more information about Faron, visit www.faron.com/.
- January 27, 2023 - announced results of private placement, supported by new investors and existing shareholders including The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Therapy Acceleration Program®
- January 16, 2023 - announced objective responses in 3 out of 5 patients dosed in the first doublet cohort of the Company's Phase I/II BEXMAB study. BEXMAB is investigating bexmarilimab, Faron's wholly-owned precision immunotherapy asset, in combination with standard of care (SoC) in multiple hematological malignancies.
- December 5, 2022 - announced a further update on the Company's Phase I/II BEXMAB study, investigating bexmarilimab, Faron's wholly owned precision immunotherapy asset, in combination with standard of care (SoC) in multiple hematological malignancies.
- June 28, 2022 - announced a private placement to a limited number of institutional and other investors to raise EUR 5 million including The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Therapy Acceleration Program® (LLS TAP).
- June 8 2022 - announced that the first patient has been dosed in its Phase I/II BEXMAB study, which will investigate bexmarilimab in combination with standard of care in multiple hematologic malignancies