In June 2022 and January 2023, LLS made equity investments in Faron Pharmaceuticals to "Support Clinical Development of the Bexmarilimab Program for Leukemia Indications."
Faron (AIM: FARN, First North: FARON) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel treatments for medical conditions with significant unmet needs caused by dysfunction of our immune system. The Company currently has a pipeline based on the receptors involved in regulation of immune response in oncology, organ damage and bone marrow regeneration. Bexmarilimab, a novel anti-Clever-1 humanized antibody, is its investigative precision immunotherapy with the potential to provide permanent immune stimulation for difficult-to-treat cancers through targeting myeloid function.
The Phase I/II BEXMAB study (NCT05428969) investigates bexmarilimab in combination with azacitidine in relapsed/refractory (r/r) acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS). Patients are being enrolled at both US and Finland sites.
Faron plans to initiate the Phase 2 part of the BEXMAB study in HMA-failed MDS and r/r AML patients in Q4 2023. Consistent with the FDA's Project Optimus initiative, the planned Phase 2 will start with dose optimization and is expected to enroll 28-32 patients randomized between two selected doses. Faron plans to increase the number of US clinical sites from two to five sites to accelerate study recruitment.
For more information about Faron, visit www.faron.com/.
- October 11, 2023 - announced updated data from the Phase 1/2 BEXMAB study investigating bexmarilimab in combination with standard of care (SoC) in relapsed/refractory (r/r) acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) patients having failed hypomethylating agents (HMAs).
- July 19, 2023 - announced new positive clinical data from the ongoing Phase I/II BEXMAB study
- April 18 2023 - announced two poster presentations on Bexmarilimab at the AACR Annual Meeting 2023
- January 27, 2023 - announced results of private placement, supported by new investors and existing shareholders including The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Therapy Acceleration Program®
- January 16, 2023 - announced objective responses in 3 out of 5 patients dosed in the first doublet cohort of the Company's Phase I/II BEXMAB study. BEXMAB is investigating bexmarilimab, Faron's wholly-owned precision immunotherapy asset, in combination with standard of care (SoC) in multiple hematological malignancies.
- December 5, 2022 - announced a further update on the Company's Phase I/II BEXMAB study, investigating bexmarilimab, Faron's wholly owned precision immunotherapy asset, in combination with standard of care (SoC) in multiple hematological malignancies.
- June 28, 2022 - announced a private placement to a limited number of institutional and other investors to raise EUR 5 million including The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Therapy Acceleration Program® (LLS TAP).