- Generic Name:
- Drug Type:
- Growth factor
- How the Drug is Given:
Subcutaneous (SC) injection or intravenously (IV); subcutaneously via the On-body Injector which is co-packaged with a single prefilled syringe
- Pegfilgrastim-jmdb (FulphilaTM)
- Pegfilgrastim-cbqv (UdenycaTM)
- Pegfilgrastim-bmez (ZiextenzoTM)
Indications and Usage
Pegfilgrastim is FDA approved to
- Decrease the incidence of infection, as manifested by febrile neutropenia, in patients with non-myeloid malignancies receiving myelosuppressive anti-cancer drugs associated with a clinically significant incidence of febrile neutropenia.
- Increase survival in patients acutely exposed to myelosuppressive doses of radiation (Hematopoietic Subsyndrome of Acute Radiation Syndrome).
Limitations of Use: Pegfilgrastim is not indicated for the mobilization of peripheral blood progenitor cells for hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
Side effects needing medical attention
Pain in the bones, arms, and legs; spleen rupture; Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS); allergic reactions such as rash, shortness of breath, wheezing, dizziness, swelling around your mouth or eyes, fast heart rate, and sweating; sickle cell crisis; kidney injury; increased white blood cell count (leukocytosis); and Capillary Leak Syndrome.