- Generic Name:
- Drug Type:
- Phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) delta inhibitor
- How the Drug is Given:
Indications and Usage
Idelalisib is FDA approved to treat patients with
- Relapsed chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), in combination with rituximab, in patients for whom rituximab alone would be considered appropriate therapy due to other co-morbidities.
- Relapsed follicular B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma (FL) in patients who have received at least two prior systemic therapies.
- Relapsed small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL) in patients who have received at least two prior systemic therapies.
- Marginal zone lymphoma (MZL) who require systemic therapy and have received at least one prior anti-CD20-based therapy
Side effects needing medical attention
Diarrhea, fever, fatigue, nausea, cough, pneumonia, abdominal pain, chills, rash, neutropenia, hypertriglyceridemia, hyperglycemia, ALT elevations, and AST elevations.
Idelalisib is being approved with a Boxed Warning alerting patients and healthcare professionals of the following fatal and serious adverse reactions: hepatotoxicity (liver damage caused by a drug), severe diarrhea or colitis, pneumonitis, and intestinal perforation.