- Generic Name:
- Drug Type:
- Biosimilar growth factor
- How the Drug is Given:
Subcutaneous (SC) injection or intravenously (IV)
Indications and Usage
Filgrastim-sndz is FDA approved as a biosimilar to US-licensed Neupogen® for the five indications for which Neupogen is approved:
- Patients with cancer receiving myelosuppressive chemotherapy;
- Patients with acute myeloid leukemia receiving induction or consolidation chemotherapy;
- Patients with cancer undergoing bone marrow transplantation;
- Patients undergoing autologous peripheral blood progenitor cell collection and therapy; and
- Patients with severe chronic neutropenia.
Side effects needing medical attention
The most common side effects are: aching in the bones or muscles and redness, swelling or itching at injection site.
Serious side effects may include spleen rupture; serious allergic reactions that may cause rash, shortness of breath, wheezing and/or swelling around the mouth and eyes; fast pulse and sweating; and acute respiratory distress syndrome, a lung disease that can cause shortness of breath, difficulty breathing or increase the rate of breathing.