- Generic Name:
- Drug Type:
- Tyrosine kinase inhibitor
- How the Drug is Given:
Indications and Usage
Dasatinib is FDA approved to treat
- Newly diagnosed adults with Philadelphia chromosome-positive (Ph+) chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) in chronic phase.
- Adults with chronic, accelerated, or myeloid or lymphoid blast phase Ph+ CML with resistance or intolerance to prior therapy including imatinib.
- Adults with Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia (Ph+ ALL) with resistance or intolerance to prior therapy.
- Pediatric patients 1 year of age and older with Ph+ CML in chronic phase.
- Pediatric patients 1 year of age and older with newly diagnosed Ph+ ALL in combination with chemotherapy.
Tell your doctor if you have any other medical conditions, especially if you have a liver or heart problem or are lactose intolerant.
Side effects needing medical attention
Fever; bleeding or easy bruising; swelling; weight gain; increasing shortness of breath.
Dasatinib may increase the risk of a rare but serious condition in which there is abnormally high blood pressure in the arteries of the lungs (pulmonary arterial hypertension [PAH]). Symptoms of PAH may include shortness of breath, fatigue, and swelling of the body (such as the ankles and legs).