New Virtual Course
Thursdays, 3-5 pm PT / 5-7 pm CT / 6-8 pm ET, via Zoom
- Aug 25, 2022
- Sep 1, 2022
- Sep 8, 2022
- Sep 15, 2022
- Sep 22, 2022
- Sep 29, 2022
All confirmed participants seeking continuing education credits must commit to and participate in all six (6) sessions.
Social Workers and Nurses treating oncology patients. Healthcare providers treating similar patient issues will be welcome if there is room in the course.
Course content for social workers: All levels
All of us in the helping professions are vulnerable to being overwhelmed with the challenges and pain our clients and patients face. This is particularly true during the extraordinary time of COVID-19. In our commitment to helping others, we often overlook the toll it takes on our own lives. Some of the consequences of becoming overwhelmed include exhaustion, less effectiveness, depression, impacted quality of life and burnout. This workshop, designed for social workers and nurses, addresses compassion fatigue and burnout and developing a plan of self-care.
This free workshop is based on evidenced-based, peer-reviewed research that indicates that expressive writing has been successful as a therapeutic tool for improved health and well-being and general functioning.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe 5 journal techniques useful for stress management.
- Identify 3 ways to nurture self-care through expressive writing.
- Discuss 2 journal strategies to address professional burnout.
- List 3 or more reasons why expressive writing supports the healing process.
- Create a plan for self-care to implement during the 6 weeks following this workshop.
- Offer/explain journal writing to patient/survivors and caregiver populations as a therapeutic intervention.
Jean Rowe, LCSW, OSW-C, CJT
FS Consulting, LLC
Continuing Education Information
Registered Nursing Designation
Approval for nurses has been obtained by the National Office of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society under Provider Number CEP 5832 to award 12.0 continuing education.
Contact hours through the California Board of Registered Nursing.
Social Work Credit Designation
This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886838662-8422) for 12 continuing education contact hours.
This program is provided by Cactus Cancer Society and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
There is no commercial support for this activity.
Participants gain access to the webinar via the registration button above.
- A computer with a camera and the capability to interact via audio is required. We recommend that participants engage in a private space with minimal surrounding noise or distractions.
- All participants must commit to participating in all 12 hours of this interactive workshop. Partial continuing education credit will not be given. (Participants may not drop in and out.)
For questions, concerns, or for assistance for people with disabilities or grievances, please contact us at ProfEducation@lls.org.