Population served: Anyone affected by cancer and needing information
ACF™ is dedicated to the education, support and empowerment of those diagnosed with cancer by organizing and clarifying information. Provides information about:
- Living with Cancer
- Clinical Trials
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Nutrition and Exercise
- Oral Health
Population served: Anyone seeking information on chemotherapy or cancer
Other language(s): SpanishMission: Chemocare.com® is a website designed to provide the latest information about chemotherapy to patients and their families, caregivers and friends. The site focuses on care during chemotherapy including information about FDA approved chemotherapy medications, nutrition, managing side effects and self-care tips. The content is continually updated and reviewed by oncology specialists.
Population served: People in the U.S. seeking scientific information on complementary health approaches
Other language(s): SpanishMission:
To provide information on complementary health approaches and NCCAM, including publications and searches of federal databases of scientific and medical literature.
- NCCAM’s Information Clearinghouse has Information Specialists available to search NCCAM databases and answer inquiries via phone or email
- Distributes NCCAM publications and selected other federal publications on complementary health approaches
- Makes referrals to other federal resources as appropriate.
Population served: Patients and survivors of cancer in the U.S.
OCCAM, a division of the National Cancer Institute (NCI), has the mission to improve the quality of care of cancer patients, as well as those at risk for cancer and those recovering from cancer treatment, by contributing to the advancement of evidence-based CAM practice and the sciences that support it as well as the availability of high-quality information for the health care community, researchers, and general public.
- Offers peer-reviewed, evidence-based cancer information summaries on complementary and alternative medicine
- Assists in decision making about CAM, including frequently asked questions, issues to consider, and a list of sources for further information
- Provides information on CAM therapies used by cancer patients
- Provides safety alerts and advisories related to cancer CAM
- Gives tips and information about talking to your health care provider about your use of CAM
- Answers frequently asked questions about paying for CAM treatment
- Lists integrative medicine programs at NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers
- Links to databases that include information on clinical trials, health organizations, and scientific literature.