Please note that these resources are regularly reviewed to ensure that links still work correctly and that the resources listed continue to be helpful to our visitors. If you find that a link isn't working or information is incorrect, please email email@example.com. If you would like for us to consider adding your organization to this resource, please complete and submit this form.
Patients, caregivers and families before, during and after a blood or marrow transplant (BMT), healthcare professionals, researchers
To create an opportunity for all patients to receive the blood, marrow, or umbilical cord blood transplant they need; to provide free support, information and transplant-related resources
- Be The Match, operated by the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP), manages the largest and most diverse marrow registry in the world; conducts research to improve transplant outcomes; provides legislative advocacy to protect patient access to care; provides clinical education for healthcare professionals
- Certified oncology patient navigators and licensed social workers provide confidential, one-on-one support and reliable, easy-to-understand information from diagnosis through recovery. Emotional support is provided through counseling and support groups as well as through connections with others who’ve been through transplant
- Helps to access financial grants and insurance resources, including Be The Match grants for transplant patients and blood cancer patients enrolling in clinical trials
- Provides personalized support to search for and join clinical trials, including the Jason Carter Clinical Trials Program. Visit www.jcctp.org or call 888-814-8610 for details
- Be The Match and Corporate Chaplains of America offers free, confidential, non-denominational virtual spiritual support services for patients and their loved ones.
Transplant patients, survivors and their caregivers in the U.S.
BMT InfoNet is dedicated to providing transplant patients, survivors and their loved ones with emotional support and high quality, easy-to-understand information about bone marrow, peripheral blood stem cell and cord blood transplants.
- Offers easy-to-understand information about bone marrow, peripheral blood stem cell and cord blood transplants
- Transplant Directory search tool
- Educational webcasts
- Caring Connections, a program that links people who are considering a transplant, or a family member, with others who have been through transplant and can offer support
- Counseling services to help patients understand treatment options and potential healthcare providers
- BMT InfoNet Drug Database is a guide that lists many of the drugs bone marrow, stem cell and cord blood transplants patients receive during treatment; it explains why they are used and some of the possible side effects.
Patient Assistance Fund offers a limited amount of financial assistance for gas, food, rent or other necessities. Social workers may apply on behalf of a patient via phone or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Caregivers, patients, and healthcare professionals
Parent's Guide to Cord Blood Foundation is a nonprofit whose primary mission is to educate parents about cord blood banking and medical therapies. Their second mission is to analyze new developments in medical research or public policy which could expand the use of cord blood.
- Offers databases of both public and family cord blood banks throughout the world.
- Offers a list of programs providing free or discounted cord blood banking for families with medical need.
- Provides education on cord blood banking and therapies in multiple languages and for multiple countries.
- Hosts a searchable portal of worldwide clinical trials that employ cord blood and are currently recruiting.
- Offers monthly newsletters for healthcare professionals in the cord blood industry.
Patients, caregivers, healthcare professionals, schools
To promote awareness of the life-saving benefits of cord blood stem cells in an unbiased and factual way, and to educate parents, healthcare professionals, and the public about the need to preserve this valuable resource.
- Parents can learn about cord blood donation and private cord blood banking; healthcare professionals can learn about the latest cord blood research via webinars, interactive tools, and live events; schools can access free educational tools. Organizes and hosts global World Cord Blood Day.
Cancer and transplant patients and families, caregivers, survivors
To improve the quality of life for cancer and transplant patients and their families by providing vital financial assistance, comprehensive resources, educational information, physician referrals, and emotional support programs.
- CancerBuddy provides a user-friendly digital experience to help people affected by cancer across the US find buddies, share experiences and resources, provide support, and build a supportive community of peers
- Clinical Care Counseling provides confidential individual and family supportive counseling, financial guidance and resource referrals for cancer, transplant patients, and family members
- Patient Navigators provide guidance and support to anyone faced with a cancer diagnosis or needing a bone marrow transplant
- Ask the Expert enables individuals to anonymously pose questions concerning transplantation and to have them answered by transplant specialists
- Lifeline Fund provides financial support to help cover the costs of donor searches, medications, home and child care services, medical equipment, transportation, cord blood banking, housing costs and other expenses associated with transplant
- Carelines provides social media tools for crowdfunding, journaling and a volunteer task calendar for anyone with a cancer diagnosis or receiving a bone marrow, stem cell or cord blood transplant
- Your Transplant Journey Handbook provides comprehensive transplant information and resources