LLS volunteers help in so many ways – supporting patients, advocating for better access to treatments, making our fundraising efforts both fun and effective, and always setting the standard they set for compassion and kindness.
Join us as a volunteer, and join the cause that’s having the most impact on finding new ways to fight cancer – not someday, but today. See some of the ways you can get involved with LLS here:
There are many ways to volunteer; one of them will be right for you:
- Volunteer once a week, once a month or once in a while! You can volunteer for as few or as many hours as you'd like.
- We can match volunteer assignments to your capabilities, interests, talents and strengths.
- We can help train you if you'd like to learn a new skill.
- You can join our internship program and gain a professional reference for future jobs or graduate study.
Most chapters need volunteers to help with:
- Fundraising events such as Team In Training, Light The Night Walk and Student Series Programs
- Office support
- Donor development
- Patient services and family support groups*
- Education programs
- Advocacy to local legislators
- Corporate sponsorships
- Expos and health fairs
* One such service is the Patti Robinson Kaufmann First Connection Program, a peer-to-peer program that matches patients and their families with trained volunteers who have shared similar experiences.
Whatever your experience, whatever your time constraints, we can find the right - and most rewarding - volunteer opportunity for you!
National Recognition & Awards Program
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's National Recognition & Awards Program honors the outstanding accomplishments of those who make significant contributions to LLS's mission, deserve national recogition and strive to make Someday, Today.
Please take a moment to learn about the program and how you can make a nomination: