Our volunteers are as diverse as the volunteer opportunities available:
- You can volunteer for as few or as many hours as you'd like. We offer flexible schedules and convenient ways to volunteer with different levels of commitment and responsibility. Volunteer once a week, once a month or once in a while!
- We can match volunteer assignments to your capabilities and interests. You can leverage your unique talents and strengths toward helping us fulfill our mission.
- We can help train you if you'd like to learn a new skill.
- You can join our internship program and be exposed to marketing and management strategies in a nonprofit setting. You'll also gain a professional reference for future jobs or graduate study.
Most chapters need volunteers to help with:
- fundraising events such as Team In Training, Light The Night Walk and School & Youth Programs
- office support
- donor development
- patient services and family support groups*
- education programs
- advocacy to local legislators
- corporate sponsorships
- expos and health fairs
* One such service is the Patti Robinson Kaufmann First Connection Program, a peer-to-peer program that matches patients and their families with trained volunteers who have shared similar experiences.
Whatever your experience, whatever your time constraints, we can find the right - and most rewarding - volunteer opportunity for you!
How to Volunteer
Tell us how you would like to volunteer in your community.
National Recognition & Awards Program
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS's) National Recognition & Awards Program honors the outstanding accomplishments of the trustees and volunteers who drive our organization.
These awards celebrate the contributions of individuals, clinicians, companies and other groups and organizations who, through their dedicated voluntary efforts, have advanced LLS's mission.
For more information, see How to Submit a Nomination.