- How do I know that my donation to LLS is a wise investment?
- Is LLS approved and regularly evaluated by any nonprofit charity watchdog organizations?
- Is it secure to donate online?
- I'd like to make a donation in someone's memory. Can the family be notified that I made a gift?
- How do I use appreciated stock to make a charitable contribution?
- Can I give anonymously?
- Is my donation tax deductible?
- I misplaced my tax receipt. How do I get another copy?
- What is the LLS tax identification number?
- Does LLS have a 501(c)(3) designation?
- How can I get a copy of your annual report?
- I'd like to include LLS in my will. Can I designate my bequest for a specific purpose?
- Can you help me find an attorney to help me with my bequest?
- How can I learn about LLS's progress?
- How do I stop a monthly donation or change the recurring amount?
- How can my company contribute to LLS?
- I have a limited income. How can I help?
- Does LLS have a donation refund policy?
LLS is the largest voluntary cancer research agency specifically focused on finding cures and better treatments for blood cancer patients. With the scope and scale to fund many significant research projects simultaneously, LLS funds hundreds of cancer scientists worldwide. And with no campus or laboratories to maintain, a gift to LLS funds more research and less overhead than a donation made elsewhere. For details about how your donation is used, see Why Give to LLS?
Yes, LLS meets the standards of charitable accountability as determined by The Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance and Charity Navigator.
Yes, LLS guards your personal data and credit card numbers against loss and unauthorized access, both online and off-line. We accomplish this through industry-standard computer security methods, encryption techniques and strict internal administrative processes that restrict LLS employees who have access to personal information. Donate online now.
You can make any gift in honor of a special occasion or person or in memory of a loved one. When you make your gift, indicate the name and address of the person you want LLS to notify. We will send him or her a card to acknowledge your thoughtfulness without mention of your gift amount. We will also send an acknowledgment to you for your tax records. Make a memorial or tribute donation now.
Donating appreciated stocks that you've owned for more than a year can be a taxwise way to contribute because you can deduct the stock's current market value, regardless of your original cost. Find out how to donate appreciated stock.
Yes, any gift can be made anonymously.
Yes, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) organization, and all monetary donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by tax laws. Please check with your financial advisor if you have more questions.
Tax receipts are provided for all monetary donations. When making a contribution online, you receive an electronic receipt immediately. If you have a question about your online donation or cannot locate your online donation receipt, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-557-7177. For a lost receipt or question about a mailed donation, call Donor Services at 1-888-773-9958.
The tax identification number for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Inc., is 13-5644916.
Yes, LLS is an exempt charitable organization.
You can download PDF files from this website. Choose either the most recent or pastannual reports.
Yes. For example, you can direct your bequest to research or to patient services. Or, you can indicate a particular type of blood cancer you'd like your bequest directed to. For help with appropriate wording to ensure your wishes are fulfilled, call our Planned Giving staff at 1-888-773-9958. Read more about wills and bequests.
We work with a long list of attorneys from small private practices to large national law firms. We can likely recommend attorneys in or near your community. Please call us at 1-888-773-9958.
Sign up for any of our free monthly e-newsletters. We offer disease-specific newsletters that feature research updates; a general interest newsletter that highlights programs, patients, volunteers and news about what's happening at LLS; and an advocacy newsletter about the latest public policy issues regarding blood cancers. Subscribe now.
To change or stop your monthly gift, log into your Monthly Giving account and edit your settings at any time.
Your company can help LLS in several ways:
- Participate in a matching gift program.
- Sponsor a fundraising event or team.
- Fund a patient-focused program.
- Use the LLS logo on its products or services.
- Sell a product or service.
- Join Partners for Cancer Cures
There are other ways to give besides money. Volunteering, participating in fundraising events and becoming an LLS advocate are great ways to show your support for LLS. Your time and energy are valuable assets to LLS!
If you change your mind about contributing to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), we are happy to honor your decision as long as you request a refund within 30 days of the date on which you made the contribution.
To request a refund, you can either call 1-888-LLS-7177 to talk to a customer service representative, write to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, 1311 Mamaroneck Avenue, White Plains, NY 10605 Attn: Support Services, or e-mail SupportServices@lls.org.