The Role of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in Treating Blood Cancer
March 23, 2023
Recording will be available soon.
This CE activity is intended for oncology nurses, PAs, and other healthcare professionals involved in the care of patients with blood cancer.
After completing this CE activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Describe the goals and types of hematopoietic cell transplantation used in the treatment of blood cancers, including autologous, allogeneic, and reduced-intensity allogeneic stem-cell transplantation
- Describe the indications for hematopoietic stem cell transplant
- Explain the process of pre-transplant evaluation, mobilization, cell collection, and cell infusion in patients with blood cancer
- Explain the short and long-term follow up requirements
- Identify resources for patient education and support
Krishna Komanduri, MD
Julius R. Krevans Distinguished Professor of Medicine
Chief, UCSF Health Division of Hematology/Oncology
Physician-in-Chief, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
University of California San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
Corinne Shamehdi, MPAS, PA-C
Inpatient Lead APP
Tampa General Hospital Cancer Institute
Continuing Education Information
Registered Nursing Credit Designation
Approval for nurses has been obtained by The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society National Office under provider number CEP 5832 to award 1.0 continuing education contact hour through the California Board of Registered Nursing.
Physician Assistant Credit Designation
This activity has been reviewed by the AAPA Review Panel and is compliant with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1 AAPA Category 1 CME credit. Approval is valid from 3/23/2023 to 3/23/2024. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation. AAPA reference number: CME-206402.
There are no fees for participating in or receiving credit for this CE activity.
This activity is developed through a collaboration between The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and The AAPA African Heritage PA Caucus.
There is no commercial support associated with this CE activity.
For questions, concerns, or for assistance for people with disabilities or grievances, please contact us at ProfEducation@LLS.org.