Format: Recorded Webinar
CE Credits Available Until: February 25, 2022
Social workers involved in the care of patients with hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HCT).
Course Content Level for Social Workers — Intermediate and Advanced
This webinar will provide a basic overview of types of hematopoietic cell transplantation used in the treatment of blood cancers, including autologous, allogeneic, and reduced-intensity allogeneic stem-cell transplantation as a treatment option for blood cancers and describe strategies to manage treatment side effects as well as potential long-term and late effects of hematopoietic cell transplantation. Resources for patients, caregivers and healthcare providers will be discussed.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the types of hematopoietic cell transplantation used in the treatment of blood cancers, including autologous, allogeneic, and reduced-intensity allogeneic stem-cell transplantation
- Identify the methods of stem-cell collection used in patients with blood cancers
- Explain the overarching goals of hematopoietic cell transplantation for all types of blood cancers
- Explain hematopoietic cell transplantation as a treatment option for blood cancers
- Describe strategies to manage treatment side effects as well as potential long-term and late effects of hematopoietic cell transplantation
- Describe the roles of the pharmacist, the nurse and nurse practitioner in treating patients with HCT
Ran Reshef, MD, MSc
Rachel Abramova, PharmD
Corinne Shamehdi, MPAS, PA-C
Krista McCarthy, LCSW
Alison Hoffman, LMSW
Social Worker Designation
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) Provider Number 1105, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. LLS maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 12/10/2020-12/10/2023. Social workers completing this course receive 1.75 continuing education credits.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0117. LLS maintains responsibility for this program. Social workers will receive 1.75 CE clinical contact hours for this activity.
Participants must attend the free webinar in its entirety and submit the online evaluation form to earn credit. Once submitted, the certificate will be automatically generated as a PDF online.
This program is provided by The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Participants gain access to the webinar via the registration button above. To view system requirements for this program, please click here.
For questions, concerns, or for assistance for people with disabilities or grievances, please contact us at profeducation@LLS.org.