To receive continuing education (CE) credit, you must complete the virtual lecture, CE posttest and activity evaluation at the link below.
Access: Virtual Lecture (synchronized audio and slides)
CE Credit Available Until: December 14, 2018
Hematology, oncology and BMT nurses; hematology, oncology and BMT social workers at intermediate to advanced levels of practice, experience and licensure; transplant center coordinators; payer case managers and other allied health professionals.
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Identify diagnostic tests included in AML panels, including the role of cytogenetics and molecular analysis.
- Describe risk stratification for treatment planning.
- Identify approved and emerging treatment options and the role of clinical trials for the treatment of AML.
- Explain the impact of timely blood and marrow transplantation (BMT) referral.
- List programs and resources to support patients with acute myeloid leukemia and their caregivers.
Daniel A. Pollyea, MD, MS
Associate Professor, University of Colorado School of Medicine
Clinical Director of Leukemia Services
Elaina V. Preston, MPH, MSHS, PA-C
Physician Assistant, Adult Bone Marrow Transplant Service
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Sponsors and Supporters
Sponsored jointly by The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and the National Marrow Donor Program®/Be The Match®.