How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), North Texas Chapter is seeking self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals to support our campaign staff. The intern(s) in this position will help increase overall awareness for LLS’s mission: cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Selected interns will gain valuable experience in the area(s) of: business and non-profit management; development and fundraising; marketing & PR; logistics; social media; professionalism; and community relations. Students currently enrolled towards a degree in the following areas are strongly encouraged to apply: Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Public Administration, Social Work or other related areas of study.
THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP THAT WE CAN CONSIDER FOR COURSE CREDIT.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist and implement grassroots efforts to promote LLS campaigns and acquire new community contacts
- Assist in the creation and implementation of an effective marketing grassroots strategy
- Assist with team management as assigned by LLS staff
- Aid in volunteer management
- Provide support to development and implementation of corporate partnerships
- Customer support, such as email contact, mailing supplies, technical support, and fundraiser visits etc.
- Support campaign staff, as needed
- High-level professionalism
- Ability to communicate effectively/appropriately via phone and email to a diverse array of audiences; including, but not limited, to businesses, patients, and fundraising participants
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to create a plan, execute, and meet deadlines
- Strong project management and planning skills
- High degree of flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently, as well as a part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Experience with phones/customer service
LLS Campaigns That Need Interns:
- Special Events Department
- Man Woman of the Year and Student of the Year
- The Man & Woman of the Year (MWOY) campaign is a spirited fundraising competition in communities across the U.S. in which participants build fundraising teams to compete for the title of Man or Woman of the Year.
- Student Series
- A service learning and philanthropy program where students experience helping thousands of children and adults in their fight against blood cancers.
- Light The Night (Dallas & Fort Worth)
- Family, friend and co-workers gather together to celebrate, honor or remember those touched by cancer at this evening community event.
- Patient Services
- Marketing Intern
- Team In Training
- The flagship fundraising program for LLS and the largest endurance sports training program in the world.
- Donor Development
Please contact Alexis Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 972-996-5914 to apply or if you have any questions.