Charitable Gift Annuities
With interest rates low on many investments and markets volatile, a charitable gift annuity with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) can help you combine financial and charitable goals. You can increase your income, supplement your retirement or provide an income for a loved one at the same time.
For your irrevocable gift of $10,000 or more, at age 65, LLS will make fixed, lifetime payments to you and/or another beneficiary. When the last beneficiary passes, LLS uses the remainder of the gift for the purpose you've specified.
The benefits of a charitable gift annuity are many. You get:
- payments for life at attractive, fixed rates for one or two lives, a portion of which is tax free
- a tax deduction on much of what you transfer
- capital gains tax savings
- personal satisfaction from making a gift that will benefit you today and support research or services for blood cancer patients tomorrow
You can choose from:
- quarterly, semiannual or annual payments
- immediate payments or higher-rate payments that are deferred to a date closer to your retirement
- an annuity that benefits one or two individuals that continue payments uninterrupted after the death of one of the individuals
- cash to fund your gift, which allows maximum tax-free payments, or securities to fund your gift, which can minimize capital gains taxes
LLS charitable gift annuities are not available to residents of Hawaii or Alabama.
The Legacy Circle
Become an honored member of The Legacy Circle when you create a charitable gift annuity for LLS.
Get More Information
To find out if a gift annuity is right for you and to receive a complementary personalized illustration of your rates, deductions and tax benefits, contact Ed Rodbro, National Director, Planned Giving, at 1-888-773-9958 or Ed.Rodbro@lls.org.