Population served: People affected by a cancer internationally; programs and services offered to patients and caregivers residing in the United States
Other language(s): Spanish, Chinese, Korean, VietnameseMission:
In the U.S., ACS is a community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem.
- Provides educational materials both online and in print about cancer, including blood cancers, as well as related information on topics such as diet, exercise, complementary and alternative medicine, and disease statistics
- Offers support services via online discussion boards and in-person support groups through local chapters
- Cancer Survivors NetworkSM, a global online community, transcends geographic boundaries and builds bonds among cancer survivors and caregivers through shared experiences and feelings.
- Road to Recovery, a program offered locally by some chapters, has volunteer drivers who transport patients to and from treatment appointments
- Look Good, Feel Better program for female adults and teens helps with self-image during chemotherapy and radiation treatments
- Hope Lodges are temporary housing accommodations for patients traveling far from home for treatment. There are more than 30 lodges
- American Cancer Society’s Wig Bank - Provides free wigs from limited supply to needy patients suffering hair loss due to cancer treatment. Intended for those with insufficient insurance coverage for cranial prostheses (wigs).
Population served: People with cancer and their caregivers in the U.S.
Other language(s): SpanishMission:
To provide accurate, up-to-date, and reliable information on cancer that is easy to understand; this confidential service is a federally funded cancer education program.
- Offers trained information specialists who can answer cancer-related questions on a range of cancer topics, including the most recent advances in cancer treatment.
Disclaimer: These resources are regularly reviewed to ensure that links still work correctly and the resources listed continue to be helpful to our visitors. If you find that a link isn't working or information is incorrect or if you'd like to have your own organization listed here, please email email@example.com. Because we want to be sure that our visitors find the most relevant resources, we encourage you to visit the organization's website for more detailed information.