June 26, 2013 - Mantle Cell Lymphoma - Understanding Your Treatment Options
Your order contains item(s) View Order
- Characteristics of mantle cell lymphoma (MCL)
- Current and emerging therapies for MCL
- The role of clinical trials in the advancement of MCL treatment for patients
- Importance of patient-provider communications in treatment side effects and management
John P. Leonard, MD
The Richard T. Silver Distinguished Professor of Hematology and Medical Oncology
Weill Cornell Medical College
New York, NY
Questions Asked by the Mantle Cell Lymphoma Community
- If a patient's blood counts have been more or less the same for the last two years after diagnosis, does that mean that the mantle cell lymphoma is indolent? Is there any benefit in treating right away?
- What are the possibilities/probabilities that an angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma (AITL) could turn into a mantle cell lymphoma?
- Can surgery cause a lapse of the immune system allowing the mantle cell lymphoma to become aggressive versus indolent?
- Is there any evidence of chronic use of NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) being linked to the findings of mantle cell lymphoma or the translocation 11;14 position?
- After a patient has received a stem cell transplantation and is considered in remission, how often and for how long should a patient continue to have PET scans?
- Is it possible to still have a lot of fatigue and very little balance after having a stem cell transplant? Will that ever go away?
- Why is it that mantle cell lymphoma is not curable when a lot of the other lymphomas, like the large cell lymphomas, are?
- Are treatment options different for patients with the blastic variant (BV) of mantle cell lymphoma?
- What is the durability of the treatment IPI-145 and are there any statistics out about this trial drug?
- What do you consider to be old versus younger patients in mantle cell? Is it more about performance status conditions or actual age?
- Can mantle cell lymphoma return after being treated and then the enlarged lymph nodes shrink without any additional treatment?
- What could be expected if no additional treatment is received after mantle cell lymphoma returns?