Disclaimer: These resources are regularly reviewed to ensure that links still work correctly and the resources listed continue to be helpful to our visitors. If you find that a link isn't working or information is incorrect or if you'd like to have your own organization listed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Because we want to be sure that our visitors find the most relevant resources, we encourage you to visit the organization's website for more detailed information.
Lymphatic Research Foundation
Population served: Patients with lymphedema and lymphatic diseases, as well as medical professionals studying these diseases
Mission: To advance research of the lymphatic system and to find the cause of and cure for lymphatic diseases, lymphedema, and related disorders; to increase public and private funding for lymphatic research and to increase public awareness.
- Funds research into lymphatic diseases through research fellowships and a funded chair at Stanford University
- Launched a tissue bank and patient registry for research purposes
- Publishes a peer-reviewed journal, Lymphatic Research and Biology
- Hosts medical symposiums for patients and health professionals.
National Lymphedema Network
Population served: Patients, health professionals worldwide
Mission: To create awareness of lymphedema through education, and to promote and support the availability of quality medical treatment for all individuals at risk for or affected by lymphedema.
- Provides referrals to lymphedema treatment centers, health professionals, training programs, suppliers, support groups, pen pals/net pals, clinical trials
- Offers financial aid for compression garments to eligible patients
- Offers quarterly newsletter, online resource guide, educational materials for patients and health professionals
- Supports research into the causes of lymphedema and possible alternative treatments
- Biennial international conference for health professionals.
Patient Advocate Foundation (PAF)
Population served: People in the U.S. with chronic, life-threatening and debilitating illnesses
Other language(s): Spanish, translation services available by phone
Mission: To provide professional case management services to Americans with chronic, life threatening and debilitating illnesses.
- PAF Case Managers serve as active liaisons between the patient and their insurer, employer and/or creditors to resolve insurance, job retention and/or debt crisis matters as they relate to their diagnosis; may also be assisted by doctors and healthcare attorneys. PAF seeks to safeguard patients through effective mediation assuring access to care, maintenance of employment and preservation of their financial stability.
- Offers PAF authored publications and content, distributes booklets and publications
- Offers an annual scholarship program for survivors
- PAF Co-Pay Relief Program provides direct financial assistance to insured patients who meet certain qualifications to help them pay for the prescriptions and/or treatments they need. This assistance helps patients afford the out-of-pocket costs for these items that their insurance companies require. For details, call 866-512-3861.