Disclaimer: These resources are regularly reviewed to ensure that links still work correctly and the resources listed continue to be helpful to our visitors. If you find that a link isn't working or information is incorrect or if you'd like to have your own organization listed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because we want to be sure that our visitors find the most relevant resources, we've listed these organizations in order of relevancy from most specifically relevant to most generally relevant to the topic of this page.
The Neuropathy Association
Contact: (800) 763-2287
Population served: Patients dealing with neuropathy worldwide
The Neuropathy Association focuses on helping and healing people with neuropathy through awareness, education, support, advocacy and research.
- Offers 120 support groups and guidance to anyone who wants to start a group
- Provides an online bulletin board
- Provides information about the different types of neuropathy
- Provides a list of affiliated neuropathy centers at major university hospitals
- Provides a physician directory
- Funds research and lists clinical trials
National Pain Foundation (NPF)
Population served: People with pain management issues, their families and healthcare professionals in the United States
NPF's goal is to advance functional recovery of people in pain through information, education and support. NPF also aims to empower patients to become actively involved in the design of their treatment plan by exploring both traditional and complementary approaches to pain management.
- Provides information on different types of pain, causes and treatments
- Offers research and clinical trial updates
- Provides tips for choosing a pain specialist
- Offers a supportive web community; NPF staff monitor the discussion boards and post responses to questions
- Provides links to patient stories and diaries
- Provides links to other support organizations