Disclaimer: These resources are regularly reviewed to ensure that links still work correctly and the resources listed continue to be helpful to our visitors. If you find that a link isn't working or information is incorrect or if you'd like to have your own organization listed here, please email email@example.com.
Because we want to be sure that our visitors find the most relevant resources, we've listed these organizations in order of relevancy from most specifically relevant to most generally relevant to the topic of this page.
Population served: Everyone in the United States (check the website for availability in your area)
2-1-1 is the telephone number of a call center that offers information and provides referrals to health and human services for everyday needs and in times of crisis. Services vary from community to community.
Examples of service referrals include:
- Basic human need resources: food banks, clothing, shelters, rent assistance and utility assistance
- Physical and mental health resources: medical information lines, crisis intervention services, counseling, drug and alcohol intervention
- Employment support: unemployment benefits, financial assistance, job training, transportation assistance and education programs
- Support for older Americans and persons with disabilities: home healthcare, adult daycare, congregate meals, Meals on Wheels, respite care, transportation and homemaker services
- Support for children, youth and families: childcare, family resource centers, summer camps and recreation programs, mentoring, tutoring and protective services
Dental Lifeline Network
Contact: (303) 534-5360
Population served: Needy disabled, elderly and medically compromised individuals in the United States
The NFDH makes oral healthcare more accessible to needy individuals by developing collaborations of resources for charitable, direct-service programs.
- Coordinates access to dental services through its Donated Dental Services program (Contact information for coordinators is available through a state-by-state search tool on its website)
- Provides dental house calls for homebound patients in Chicago, Denver and New Jersey
Find a Health Center
Contact: (888) 275-4772
Population served: Anyone with or without health insurance coverage seeking non-emergent medical care in the United States
Find a Health Center is a service of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Service Administration. It provides listings of health clinics that offer general medical services. Patients pay what they can afford based on income. Each center provides different services which may include:
- Dental care and prescription drugs