Myeloma - Expert Information About Diagnosis and Treatment
Internet Release Date: December 6, 2011
Credit Available Until: June 6, 2013
Target Audience: Oncology nurses and social workers involved in the treatment of myeloma
Read: Myeloma News | Transcript
Download: Program Slides
Listen: Presentation | Q&A Session | Presentation/Q&A Session (Spanish)
Access: Virtual Lecture
To educate oncology nurses and social workers about myeloma diagnosis and treatment
- Describe signs and symptoms of myeloma
- Describe diagnosis and staging of myeloma
- List current and emerging treatments for myeloma
- Explain the role of clinical trials in the advancement of myeloma treatment
- Identify quality of life issues for individuals living with myeloma
Asher A. Chanan-Khan, MD
Chair Of Hematology And Oncology
Questions Asked by the Myeloma Community
- What are the latest thoughts on treating high-risk patients, for example p17 deletion, in a maintenance and relapse or refractory setting?
- Could four and a half years of treatment with zoledronic acid (Zometa®) in any way contribute to osteosclerotic myeloma?
- What?s your assessment of success of the drug combination lenalidomide (Revlimid®), dexamethasone and alemtuzumab (Campath®), and what length of time should a patient be on it?
- What would be the next treatment option if there are still lesions after extensive treatment, radiation and a stem cell transplant?
- What is the best treatment for amyloidosis caused by multiple myeloma?
- Could getting an infusion every four weeks of Gammagard® be helping to level off blood counts?
- Is it necessary to combine Revlimid with dexamethasone and bortezomib (Velcade®) for maintenance therapy?
- What are the side effects and long-term maintenance after an autologous transplantation?