Please Join Us!
The North Texas Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) provides opportunities for individuals and groups to support the organization through a number of different events and programs. Volunteers will have the opportunity to discover new interests, meet new people and develop new skills.
Many different volunteer opportunities are posted throughout the year. Below is a list of how you can help a number of campaigns in North Texas. You can register online by clicking here. If you do not see something that matches what you are looking for, contact Volunteer Coordinator Alexis Meyer at Alexis.Meyer@lls.org or (972) 996-5914.
Light The Night
Light The Night is an evening fundraising walk to celebrate and commemorate lives touched by blood cancer. More than a walk, the evening has a carnival atmosphere and includes entertainment, music, kids' activities and survivorship ceremonies. Below are a few examples of how you can help:
- Work with our retail partners leading up to the event
- Help support our walk teams by volunteering with Light The Night staff
- Assist during the event at various areas like the kids' zones, mission area or registration
By participating in Student Series, students learn that they can make a change and raise money that will make a big difference in the lives of others. Help support these great programs:
- Prepare school mailings and packets
- Assist in coordinating school programs
- Sign up your school
- Visit schools to give assemblies and to thank them for participating
Team In Training
Support Team In Training, the world's first and largest endurance sports training program, which has raised over $1.4 billion nationally to fight blood cancers. Below are just a few ways you can help:
- Participate on race weekends at a cheer station or water stop
- Help with administrative projects at the LLS Chapter office
- Assist with trainings throughout DFW
- Help with grassroots marketing
Help support our mission to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
- Advocate for LLS and its mission of curing blood cancer
- Become a First Connection volunteer
- Assist with building patient education packets at the LLS Chapter office
- Help represent LLS at health fairs
General North Texas Chapter Help
Both the Dallas and Fort Worth offices have a variety of ongoing opportunities that support our mission. Below are just a few examples of these opportunities:
- Help with constituent mailings
- Become a community partner
- Spread the word about LLS in the community and through grassroots marketing
Big D Climb
Join us for this exciting event as participants race up 58 flights of stairs to raise money for blood cancer research and patient services. Below are just a few examples of volunteer opportunties:
- Spread the word about the Big D Climb and distribute posters
- Cheer on participants as they race
- Staff race day water stations
Saint Valentine's Day Luncheon & Fashion Show
Support this wonderful event as it celebrates its 30th year of raising funds to find a cure for blood cancer.
- Prepare event mailings
- Help direct guests
- Sell raffle tickets at the event
Living Your Best Life North Texas Cancer Expo:
Join us for this important conference discussing the latest on disease management and survivorship issues from top hematology/oncology specialists. Below are a few volunteer needs:
- Help direct visitors
- Assist with visitor parking
- Help prepare participant packets
Links Fore Leukemia Golf Tournament
Help support 200 golfers as they tee off to help find a cure. Listed are just a few examples of volunteer opportunities:
- Staff the registration table
- Assist at the silent auction
- Volunteer along the golf course
Select Your Volunteer Opportunities in 2 Easy Steps:
- View available opportunities
Click here to see a full list of upcoming volunteer opportunities. This site is updated frequently so if you do not see anything that interests you now, please check back again soon.
- Sign up to volunteer
Once you have logged into your new or existing volunteer profile, go to the listing youa re intersted in and click on "Register." There you will receive additional information about shift times, parking information and all other pertinent details. Alexis Meyer will contact you directly either via email or phone to follow up on your selection.
Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Alexis Meyer, if you have any questions about volunteer opportunities at Alexis.Meyer@lls.org or call 972.996.5914.
Donations of used clothing and household items benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society too. Solicitations and collection are done by Merchandise Pickup Service, Inc. on our behalf. These goods are sold in thrift stores owned by MPS and a portion of the proceeds are sent to LLS on a monthly basis. This campaign is a major source of funding for the North Texas Chapter. If you have items to donate, you may call (817) 273-5524 to schedule a pick up. A tax receipt for your donation will be left at your door.
Your support and dedication helps fund lifesaving research. Thank you!