Living Your Best Life North Texas Cancer Expo
Saturday, September 16, 2017
Omin Hotel, Dallas, TX
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Hosted by: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Free and open to the public.
- Keynote Speaker - Lila Javan
- Expo features over 30 vendors including nutritionists, palliative care experts, exercise tips, health care representatives, entertainment, and food demonstrations.
- Information for patients and caregivers of ALL cancer.
- Expo is FREE but participants must register.
GENERAL TRACK SESSIONS
8:00 AM - Expo & Registration Opens
9:00 AM - 9:30 AM - Opening Session
- Patricia Thomson, Ph.D., Executive Director North Texas Chapter
- Don Armstrong, Expo Chair and Survivor
9:45 AM - 10:15 AM - Concurrent Morning Breakout Sessions
- Movement and Yoga
Start your day with an energizing easy yoga session with tips on how to stay fit.
- The New Normal
Join keynote speaker Lila Javan as she discusses life after cancer and finding balance in survivorship.
10:30 AM - 11:00 AM - Concurrent Morning Breakout Sessions
- Blood Cancer Research Updates
Hear the latest in groundbreaking research updates from a panel of top oncologists in North Texas.
- Finish Your Race
Author and AML Survivor Don Armstrong empowers your to find your true purpose and live with an unstoppable passion.
11:15 AM - 11:45 AM - Concurrent Morning Breakout Sessions
- Cancer Prevention Through Nutrition
Enjoy an educational cooking demonstration (and tasting!) with Nutritional Coach and Culinary instructor, Patricia R. Thomson, Ph.D..
- Let's Talk About Cancer
A diverse panel of caregivers and survivors discuss the lines of communication patients face during cancer diagnosis and treatment.
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Lunch Welcome
Dr. Brian Berryman, Texas Oncology
- Keynote Speakers
Lila Javan, Survivor
Lila Javan shares her cancer journey, and the inspiring story of her summit of Mount Kilimanjaro after treatment.
1:15 PM - 1:45 PM - Concurrent Afternoon Breakout Sessions
- Food Saved Me
Let Katherine Lawrence show you how you can cook faster, retain more nutrients, remove toxins, and reduce food costs.
- Side Effects of Treatment - Managing Your Health
Join Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy, and LLS partner, as experts share the best ways to manage the effects of cancer treatment.
2:00 PM - 2:30 PM - Concurrent Afternoon Breakout Sessions
- Mindfulness and Meditation
Research shows that meditation can improve everything from memory and mental acuity to anxiety. Join our meditation coach for tips to use every day.
- Survivorship Panel
Survivors and parents of survivors share their experiences and answer questions about survivorship at all stages post-treatment.
3:00 PM Expo Closes
For more information, or for assistance for people with disabilities or grievances, please contact: Dawn Guerrero, Dawn.Guerrero@lls.org , 972-996-5905.