Local doctors and other healthcare professionals lead these programs, described below. You will get information about treatment options and learn how to strengthen your decision-making and coping skills, manage treatment side effects and find resources, including financial assistance.
There are no local patient education programs at this time. Please check back often.
Presentations from the
DC Metro Blood Cancer Conference 2018
Thank you to everyone who participated, especially the doctors and nurses who generously shared their time and expertise with patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals. You can view their presentations by clicking on the subject of their talk below.
- Myeloma — David Vesole, MD, PhD
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) — Farrukh Awan, MD, MS
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS) —Ethan Binder, MD
- Living Well Through the Seasons of Survivorship — Kenneth Miller, MD
- Exploring Cancer Clinical Trials — Brenna Hansen, BSN, RN, OCN
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL) - Low Grade — Mark Roschewski, MD
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML) — Jonathan Webster, MD
- Adult Acute Leukemias (ALL/AML) — Catherine Lai, MD, MPH
- Myeloproliferative Neoplasms (MPNs) — Alison Moliterno, MD
To learn more about our patient education programs, please call (703) 399-2940.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) sponsors many free live and archived teleconferences, podcasts, webcasts and more that you can view at your convenience. For a complete list of our programs, see our National Patient Education Programs web page.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) sponsors a number of free community-based professional education programs for healthcare professionals, particularly for oncology nurses and social workers. Patients, their families and caregivers are also invited to attend.
These programs are led by local doctors and other healthcare professionals and offer continuing education credits for nurses and social workers.
There are no local professional education programs at this time. Please check back often.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) sponsors a range of free live and archived online continuing education programs, conferences, meetings and events. For a complete list of our programs, see: