How Common Is CMML?
- Chronic myelomonocytic leukemia (CMML) is a rare cancer that affects approximately three in 100,000 individuals in the United States each year.
- CMML generally affects older adults.
- The median age at diagnosis ranges from 65 to 75 years.
- Seventy-five percent of patients are older than 60 years at the time of diagnosis.
- CMML has been reported in only a small number of older children and younger adults.
- Approximately twice as many males than females are diagnosed with CMML.
last updated on
Wednesday, March 14, 2012