How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Job Title: Campaign Specialist
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director/Deputy Executive Director
Department: Western & Central NY Chapter:
Location: Will work out of a home based office in Rochester, NY
Position Status: (F/T)
Purpose: Responsible for managing and implementing one (1) or more small to midsize fundraising campaign(s) or project(s) for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) within the Chapter's chartered area.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of midsize fundraising campaign.
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendors, volunteer goals, timelines, and location of events.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of the campaign.
- Act as an on-site manager during the campaign fundraising event, overseeing activities, staff, vendors, and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants, and resolutions of problems.
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing support for fundraising goals, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups, schools, and key donors to promote the fundraising campaign(s).
- Identify and network with vendors to secure the best rate or donation of services needed for the campaign(s).
- Develop/modify marketing materials (brochures, recruitment, promotional flyers, pledge forms) to promote the fundraising campaign.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Possession of a valid driver?s license
- Willingness to travel throughout the Chapters area
2 years fundraising, communications, sales, marketing, event planning
Critical for Success:
- Ability to supervise groups of employees and volunteers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Relationship driven
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- In order to perform this job successfully an individual must meet the physical requirement necessary to complete the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties. The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- Required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Required to travel within the Chapters designated area.
- Use personal vehicle in the course of employment to travel throughout the state.
- Work evenings and weekends when required
If interested, please mail resume and cover letter, including salary history, to the contact below.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Western & Central New York Chapter
4053 Maple Road, Suite 110
Amherst, NY 14226
Fax: (716) 837-0335
Online: Campaign Specialist
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.