Team In Training Triathlon Coach
Westchester/Hudson Valley Chapter
White Plains, NY
The position of Triathlon Coach is a contracted consultant position that provides coaching services to triathlon participants of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training, the world's largest endurance sports training program. The Westchester/Hudson Valley Chapter covers Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, and Orange County. Currently, trainings are only held in Westchester County but with the growth of the triathlon program, a Chapter goal is to offer trainings in our other counties.
Please note the time commitment for this position is typically 2-8 hours per week depending on group training length. Team In Training coaches are compensated at the end of each season; compensation is in direct correlation with the number of participants each season (and thus may vary each season).
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Assist staff with recruitment efforts
* Develop weekly training schedules for participants at each level: beginner, intermediate and advanced.
* Coordinate and/or lead weekly or bi-weekly training sessions, including:
Choose training courses and secure permits as necessary.
Provide clear route maps to all participants and mark the course as needed.
Establish water stop locations at appropriate intervals
Begin each session with appropriate warm-up exercises, stretching, and announcements.
Ensure that all participants are supported throughout each training session and finish safely.
Provide an emergency plan at all training sessions and communicate this plan to the participants prior to the training.
* Group training workouts should include at least one workout to each of the three disciplines (swim, bike, run) each week, and will range in time from 1 hour - 5-6 hours
depending on mileage throughout the season
* Recruit speakers for training clinics to be held in conjunction with group training sessions.
* Be available during the week, by phone or by email, to answer training-related questions.
* Attend seasonal triathlon event as assigned, assisting staff, as necessary, during event weekend and ensuring all team members finish the event safely and are accounted for at
end of day. Triathlon coaches are expected to participate in the event to support participants only, not to race themselves.
* Perform other duties as required.
* Commitment to the mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
* CPR / First Aid Certifications.
* Experience coaching multiple athletic ability levels.
* Friendly, outgoing, and energetic personality
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Able to collaborate with other Coaches
* Previous Team In Training experience is preferred, but not required. Experienced triathlete is a must.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Westchester/Hudson Valley Chapter 1311 Mamaroneck Ave, Suite 130
White Plains, NY 10605
Attn: Diana Skrelja
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.