How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Campaign Specialist
Location: Washington/Alaska Chapter- Seattle
Basic Function: Provides management of overall volunteer program including recruitment, training, deployment, stewardship and recognition of all chapter volunteers.
Work Direction: Works under the supervision and training of the Deputy Executive Director or assigned staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote LLS' fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Oversee all aspects of chapter volunteer program including, but not limited to, recruiting, training, and cultivating volunteers.
- Develop a strategic plan for the volunteer program.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the program, including community engagement, volunteer satisfaction, and overall success of the campaign.
- Act as an on-site volunteer manager during the campaign fundraising event, overseeing activities and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants and resolutions of problems.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups, and schools to engage participation.
- Develop/modify marketing materials (brochures, recruitment, promotional flyers) to promote volunteer program.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date volunteer database and records.
- Create and produce annual volunteer recognition event as well as regional volunteer recognition activity. Create other stewardship efforts throughout the year.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- BA/BS or equivalent education or work experience.
- 1-3 years volunteer program management experience.
- Possess excellent communication skills and proven ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings, as needed.
- Ability to successfully work in a collaborative, team-oriented organization.
- Proven ability to problem-solve in a proactive manner.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, excellent time management.
- Strong competency in MS Office programs and excellent database management skills.
For consideration, please forward cover letter with resume and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION), to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
123 36th Street
Seattle, WA 98107
Fax: (206) 292-9791
Online: Campaign Specialist, Volunteer Manager
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.