How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Job Title: Campaign Manager, Team In Training
Position Location: Alaska
Basic Function: Provides management of Team In Training program in the state of AK; assists with School & Youth program; cultivates and creates relationships to expand LLS' reach in AK.
Works under the supervision and training of a Team In Training Manager or assigned staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet market-driven revenue goals and expense budget.
- Coach and guide campaign participants to achieve and exceed fundraising goals.
- Continually identify potential in participants and elevate to next level of fundraising.
- Strategically drive relationships with corporations, individuals and fundraising teams.
- Develop and implement marketing strategy for reaching and engaging top fundraising audiences and key demographics.
- Partner with other staff and with key volunteers to create and sustain a participant experience that includes the key elements of Team In Training - fundraising, mission, training/team bonding and event weekend.
- Ensure participants are engaged in a lifecycle process - communicate goals, prepare and support in all activities, thank frequently and appropriately, cultivate for next opportunity.
- Ensure consistent communication and predictable timing of communication with participants, volunteers and team leadership.
- Assist School & Youth staff with in-person assemblies, strategy meetings, and/or presentations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the LLS' fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups, and schools to engage participation.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- BA/BS or equivalent education or work experience.
- 1-3 years in fundraising or direct sales environment, preferably in a nonprofit organization
- Possess excellent communication skills and proven ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings, as needed.
- Proven ability to problem-solve in a proactive manner.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, excellent time management.
- Strong competency in MS Office programs and excellent database management skills.
This is a full-time, exempt position, who will work out of their own home office located in Anchorage. LLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
123 36th Street
Seattle, WA 98107
Fax: (206) 292-9791
Online: Campaign Manager, Alaska
No phone calls please.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.IND123