How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Job Title: Part-Time Fundraiser
Location: Virginia Chapter - Norfolk/Hampton Roads Region
Immediate Supervisor: Campaign Manager (or other designated member of management)
Position Status: (P/T - 20 hrs/ week), Hourly
Date: August 2014
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Oversee some aspects of fundraising campaign(s) and/or multiple independent elements on Team in Training Campaign.
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing support for fundraising goals, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups, schools, and key donors to promote the fundraising campaign(s).
- Identify and network with vendors to secure the best rate or donation of services needed for the campaign(s).
- Develop/modify marketing materials (brochures, recruitment, promotional flyers, pledge forms) to promote the fundraising campaign.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Possession of a valid Driver's License
- Willingness to travel throughout the Chapter's area
- 2 years fundraising, communications, sales, marketing, event planning
- Able to supervise groups of volunteers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Relationship driven
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- In order to perform this job successfully an individual must meet the physical requirement necessary to complete the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
- The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- May be required to travel within the Chapter's designated area.
- May be required to use personal vehicle in the course of employment.
- May be required to work evenings or weekends.
For consideration, please forward resume and cover letter to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
6350 Center Drive
Norfolk, VA 23502
Fax: (757) 459-4673
Online: Fundraiser, Part-time
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.