How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Campaign Manager, Special Events
Location: Upstate New York/VT Chapter - Albany, NY
The Upstate New York/VT Chapter seeks a highly motivated, energetic and mature professional to serve as the Campaign Manager of Man & Woman of the Year and Special Events
Basic Function: Responsible for management and operations of key special events campaigns to include: Man & Woman of the Year and Taste of Compassion, A Wine Tasting
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing operations and activities of key campaigns with an overall fundraising budget of $400,000+. Events include Man & Woman of the Year Preview Party, Campaign Workshop, Kickoff, Midpoint Mixer, Grand Finale Gala, and Wrap-up Celebration.
- Direct management of Nominating Committee and mentor volunteers.
- Organizing the group into a strong and cohesive working team.
- Work closely with Executive Director to identify bottlenecks across all of the MWOY campaign.
- Work closely with management to expand volunteer recruitment and engagement cross-campaigns. Encourage and display ability to make the connection between Special Events and other departments specifically Team In Training, Light The Night, Man & Woman of the Year, Donor Development and Marketing.
- Ensure that each special event has appropriate volunteer structure and plan (i.e. recruitment, training, motivation, supervision and evaluation) required to implement assigned special event.
- Work to develop budgets for MWOY and wine tasting event (Taste of Compassion). Track results, provide feedback and proactively take steps to keep events on track to hit or surpass goals.
- Use best practices of managing candidates to ensure they reach their fundraising goals.
- Manage Nominating Committee to develop recruitment strategy across all Chapter Campaigns with the goal of recruiting 20 Candidates for the 2015 campaign.
- Oversee logistics and implementation of all Campaign events in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the mission of LLS and its programs to address them.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Proven relationship management skills with volunteers at all levels
- Prior experience managing support staff.
- Prior experience leading a volunteer fundraising committee and in fundraising.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Highly organized and professional demeanor.
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills (word processing and database programs)
- Minimum preferred education - Bachelor's degree
- 5+years fund raising and communications, sales, or marketing experience.
- A team player.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Upstate New York/VT Chapter
5 Computer Drive West, Suite 100
Albany, NY 12205
Fax: (518) 438-6431
Online: Campaign Manager, Special Events
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.