How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Senior Man and Woman of the Year Campaign Manager
Position Classification: Exempt
Basic Function: Responsible for managing Man & Woman of the Year (MWOY) Campaign to achieve and exceed revenue goals. Basic functions include implementing organizational best practices, recruiting and managing high level volunteers, revenue generation activities, expense and fiscal controls, management of staff as assigned, and marketing/promotions and logistics resulting in chapter revenue growth and achievement of revenue goals.
Work Direction: Works under the supervision and direction of the chapter Executive Director, Campaign Director or lead staff, requiring management approval for activities outside of the annual strategic plan and budget. Partners with the National Campaign Staff for campaign specific guidance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with volunteer fundraising participants to develop comprehensive fundraising plans and revenue goals with action steps to achieve success.
- Partners with leadership to implement the strategic plan focused on campaign revenue growth.
- Partners with supervisor to identify, develop, cultivate and manage high-level volunteer relationships to impact revenue generation and expense reduction.
- Manages and adheres to campaign timelines and budgets by tracking income and expenses associated with assigned campaigns, and maintaining comprehensive campaign records, evaluations and reports.
- Ensures revenue goals are met, by partnering with chapter leadership to identify, recruit, manage, and steward volunteer committees and event participants.
- Identifies, cultivates and stewards event volunteers/donors/teams/participants by developing and implementing campaign appropriate strategies and relationship cultivation activities for successful recruitment, acknowledgement and retention of volunteers/donors/teams/participants.
- Manages and assures that cash sponsorships, retail partnerships, in-kind sponsors, media and materials are secured through a coordinated plan that includes proposal development, prospect identification, cultivation, customer service, retention and recognition.
- Offers superior customer service to committee and volunteer fundraising participants, responding to requests within a 24 hour time period and communicating consistently with all volunteers throughout the campaign.
- Supervises and trains campaign support staff in program best practices with an emphasis on volunteer development and fundraising.
- Manages and facilitates all events associated with fundraising campaigns; including but not limited to committee meetings, recruitment events, kickoff, event day, etc. ensuring successful attendance and smooth logistics.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs integrating the LLS mission into all campaign elements, and daily work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 4-6 years experience in non-profit fundraising, sales, community affairs, community organization, volunteer development /leadership or corporate development.
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively. Superior relationship management skills?Able to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Strong computer skills (word processing and database programs).
- Minimum preferred education - Bachelors degree.
If interested, please submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Texas Gulf Coast Chapter
5433 Westheimer Rd, Suite 300
Houston, TX 77056
To apply on-line, go to:
Senior Campaign Manager, TX Gulf Coast
or email at:Recruiting_TXH@lls.org
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IND123