How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "internship."
Position Title: Light The Night Walk
Fall Intern (August 2013 - December 2013)
The Suncoast Chapter of The Leukemia & Lyphoma Society is seeking a Light The Night® intern.
- Each year, in communities all across the United States and Canada teams of families, friends, co-workers and local and national corporations come together to raise funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS's) Light The Night walk events and bring help and hope to people battling blood cancers.
- We offer a supportive hands on working environment where interns can learn new skills and enhance existing ones. A work schedule of 20-25+ hours per week is expected. Work hours are flexible in order to work around class schedules. This is an unpaid internship, however may be eligible for college/class credit.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting with program recruitment efforts
- Assist with organizing and distributing campaign and event materials
- Assisting with building relationships
- Promoting LTN at local events
- Grassroots marketing
- Assist the LTN campaign staff with all aspects of publicizing Light The Night
- Assist with phone calls to potential campaign sponsors and participants
- Assist with database entry, administrative and office duties as necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Eager to learn and work hard, energetic and a team player
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Must be well organized, flexible, self-starter
- Interest in special events planning, fundraising, non-profits and marketing
- Excellent customer service skills
- A minimum of one term or 3+ months
- 20-25 plus hours (negotiable with class schedule and dependent on campaign need)
- Some evenings, weekends, or early mornings
To apply, send resume and cover letter by email, mail, or fax to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Attn: Sherry Yagovane
3507 E. Frontage Road, Ste. 300
Tampa, FL 33607
Fax: (813) 963-1306
To apply on-line, go to:
Intern, LTN - Suncoast Chapter
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.