Volunteer Position Title:
Team In Training Marathon Run & Walk Coaches
The Southern Florida chapter's Team In Training program is looking for walk and run coaches for the upcoming Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer season.
The Coach position is a seasonal contracted consultant position that provides coaching services to Marathon participants of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training program, the world's largest endurance sports training program.
- Develop a training program for individuals of different levels for half and full marathons.
- Support the Campaign Manager/Team in efforts towards growing the regional teams.
- Available by email/phone to help participants with training issues.
- Ability to teach correct running form and recognize injuries when they occur.
- Choose training courses and secure permits as necessary.
- Provide clear route maps to all participants and mark the course as needed.
- Establish water stop locations at appropriate intervals.
- Ensure that all participants are supported throughout each training session and finish safely.
- Ability and willingness to recognize and incorporate all elements of the TNT program intor the training day.
- Eagerness to see participants have a positive experience with Team In Training.
- Assist staff, as necessary, during event weekend and ensuring all team members finish the event safely and are accounted for at the end of the day. Coaches are expected to run/walk in the event to support the participants only, not to race themselves.
- Previous coaching, leadership and motivational experience.
- Good communication skills via phone and email.
- Completed past marathons
Online: Coach, TNT
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.