How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Title: Campaign Manager
Immediate Supervisor: Campaign Director
Supervision Exercised: May supervise two (2) or more employees, including Campaign Supervisors, and/or Campaign Assistants or Temporary Professional Staff.
Location: Hollywood, FL
Position Status: (F/T)
Purpose: Responsible for managing and implementing multiple large fundraising campaign(s) while supporting other campaigns and projects for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) within the region and/or chapter's chartered area.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Manage and act as a resource to Campaign Supervisors and Campaign Assistants relating to their fundraising campaigns and efforts, as well as provide constant input for hiring, promotion, performance, termination of those supervised.
- Oversee all aspects of large fundraising campaign(s) to include School & Youth Programs, and Man & Woman of the Year, or other special events.
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendors, volunteer goals, timelines, and location of events.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of the campaign.
- Act as an on-site manager during the campaign fundraising event, overseeing activities, staff, vendors, and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants, and resolutions of problems.
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing support for fundraising goals, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups, schools, and key donors to promote the fundraising campaign(s).
- Identify and network with vendors to secure the best rate or donation of services needed for the campaign(s).
- Develop/modify marketing materials (brochures, recruitment, promotional flyers, pledge forms) to promote the fundraising campaign.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- 2-4 years fundraising, communications, sales, marketing, and/or event planning
- Valid driver license and clear driving record; willingness to travel throughout the Chapter's region/area
- Previous experience as a (Campaign) Supervisor
- Able to supervise groups of employees and volunteers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Additionally, the successful Campaign Manager will be relationship driven and bring their entrepreneurial spirit.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
In order to perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the physical requirements necessary to complete the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties. The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- May be required to attend travel within the Chapter's designated region/area.
- May be required to use personal vehicle in the course of employment.
- May be required to work evenings or weekends.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Organization.
Send cover letter with resume and salary history to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Southern Florida Chapter
2 Oakwood Blvd. Suite 200
Hollywood, FL 33020
To apply on-line:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.