How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Campaign Coordinator
Southern Florida Chapter
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Responsible for assisting Campaign Director in the successful implementation of the chapter's Team In Training and School & Youth campaigns in order to meet fundraising goals set forth by the organization.
Works under the supervision, direction and training of the Campaign Director to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruits & retains volunteers for assigned campaigns.
- Ensure each participant receives a personalized and comprehensive fundraising strategy.
- Develops relationships with volunteers and elevates them into leadership positions.
- Prepares campaign materials required for the successful implementation of assigned events.
- Coordinates promotional activities to ensure the success of events and to enhance public awareness of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and its mission.
- Prepares and/or coordinates and maintains assigned campaign correspondence, financial records and statistical reports as needed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society mission and its programs to address them.
- Evening and weekend work required
- Identify and implement creative ways to leverage volunteers and alumni.
- Prepares and/or coordinates communication and records to cultivate, retain and recognize media, material, in-kind and cash sponsorships.
- Assists, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other chapter activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Highly organized and professional demeanor.
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving acumen.
- Proficient computer skills (word processing and database programs)
- Minimum preferred education - Bachelor's Degree.
- 2-3 or more years of fundraising or other related experience
To apply send your cover letter, INCLUDING SALARY HISTORY, and resume to:
To apply on-line, go to:
Campaign Coordinator - Puerto Rico
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.