How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Job Title: Campaign Director
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Supervision Exercised: Supervises one (1) or more employees, including Campaign Specialist as well as temporary administrative staff.
Location: Southern Florida & Puerto Rico Chapter- Hollywood, Florida
Position Status: (F/T)
The Man & Woman of the Year (MWOY) campaign is seeking a full-time Director for the Southern Florida & Puerto Rico Chapter. MWOY is one the leading fundraising campaigns of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) and continues to grow annually. Man & Woman of the Year is a 10-week fundraising competition between nominated members of our community. In 2015, MWOY will take place in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and San Juan as it engages community leaders, volunteers, and supporters, and raises approximately $1 million for the Chapter.
The mission of LLS is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS is the world's largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support service
The MWOY Campaign Director is responsible for the Chapter's MWOY initiatives, from strategy to budgeting to staffing to volunteer management. This position will provide leadership, vision and support to candidates, volunteers, volunteer committees, and corporate partners throughout the year to help maximize the growth potential of this campaign. This position will be responsible for cultivating and overseeing high level volunteer fundraisers and volunteer committees. There will be a strong focus on corporate involvement and revenue generation within these campaigns.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the yearly plan for MWOY to show significant growth in candidates, fundraising teams, corporate partners and revenue.
- Develop and implement annual operational plan that includes detailed budget, candidate development, corporate development, volunteer development and logistics plans.
- Conduct an annual evaluation of the campaign, make recommended changes and oversee implementation of changes.
- Hire, train and manage staff to support staffing plan.
- Develop and oversee campaign budgets, timelines, and benchmarks.
- Oversee kick-off, mid-point and grand-finale budgets by tracking all income and expenses, and making projection adjustments as needed.
- Work one-on-one with each candidate to set campaign goals and plans, mentor candidates and work with each one of them to maximize their fundraising potential.
- Develop appropriate marketing strategies to recruit, acknowledge and retain candidates and sponsors.
- Work closely with Chapter colleagues to expand volunteer recruitment and engagement cross-campaigns.
- Encourage and display ability to make the connection between MWOY and other departments specifically Team In Training, Light The Night and Donor Development.
- Lead efforts to build MWOY committees and their infrastructure by identifying committee members, creating committee structures in collaboration with campaign chairs.
- Manage Leadership Committee to develop recruitment strategy across all Chapter Campaigns with the goal of recruiting 12 Candidates for the 2015 campaign.
- Develop and manage a campaign chair and leadership retention plan to ensure long-term retention and seamless transition from year to year.
- Develop effective relationships with MWOY chairs to implement and grow the participation and revenue for each MWOY participating candidate.
- Develop and execute a committee training schedule.
- Lead regular committee meetings.
Marketing and Communications:
- Develop and oversee an annual marketing and communications plan to enhance visibility and increase community awareness and participation in MWOY.
- Manage MWOY media outreach by media partners.
- Develop and manage sponsorship program that includes cash and in-kind sponsorship opportunities that benefit sponsors and support MWOY. Work with MWOY candidates to ensure deployment.
- Support candidates and committee members in local sponsorship solicitation.
- Identify new sources of revenue including cause-related marketing, 3rd party events and retail partnership opportunities.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License
- Willingness to travel throughout the Chapter's region/area
- Minimum of five years experience in volunteer management, event management and fundraising.
- Proven relationship management skills with volunteers at all levels
- Prior experience managing support staff.
- Prior experience leading a volunteer fundraising committee and in fundraising
- Experience donor management database software.
- Experience with health-related non-profits is preferred.
- Significant skills in planning, budgeting, and volunteer development.
- Outgoing, energetic, with strong written, verbal and problem solving skills.
- Diplomatic and able to work well under pressure.
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations.
- Organized, detail oriented, able to adhere to timelines and prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Travel is required during the MWOY campaign season.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- In order to perform this job successfully an individual must meet the physical requirement necessary to complete the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
- The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- May be required to attend travel within the Chapter's designated region/area.
- May be required to use personal vehicle in the course of employment.
- May be required to work evenings or weekends.
Please send your cover letter and resume (MUST include salary requirements)to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Southern Florida & Puerto Rico Chapter
200 S. Park Road
Hollywood, Florida 33021
Fax: (954) 744-5301
Online: Campaign Director, MWOY
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.IND123