How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Senior Walk Development Manager-Light The Night Walk
Location: San Diego, CA
Basic Function: Responsible for managing and implementing multiple and complex campaigns and projects for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society within the chapter's chartered area. Supervisory responsibility for volunteers and campaign staff as assigned.
Work Direction: Works under the supervision, direction and training of the Executive Director or assigned staff to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops implementation plans for assigned special event which includes Executive Leadership Committee recruitment and management, team recruitment and management, budgets, timeline, and logistics.
- Manages and assures that cash, media and in-kind sponsorships are secured through a coordinated plan that includes proposal development, prospect identification, cultivation, retention and recognition.
- Prepares and/or coordinates the development of all materials required for the successful implementation of assigned special events including recruitment/promotional flyers and brochures, invitations, posters, training materials, pledge retrieval or motivational materials, etc.
- Responsible for staff support of volunteers required to plan and implement assigned special events.
- Maintains and expands target audiences and implements assigned marketing tactics to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain event donors/participants.
- Coordinates promotional activities to ensure the success of events and to enhance public awareness of the LLS and its mission.
- Coordinates and maintains assigned campaign correspondence, financial records and statistical reports as needed and facilitates campaign records, evaluations and reports
- Assists, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other chapter activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs to address them.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Track record of successful social media implementation to achieve financial outcomes.
- Experience in large volume fundraising, community organization, volunteer development and leadership.
- Highly organized and professional demeanor.
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving acumen.
- Superior relationship management skills
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Capable of leveraging relationships
- Enthusiastic, goal-oriented and committed to excellence.
- Strong word processing and database management skills.
- Ability to make public presentations.
- Demonstrated project management capabilities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs
- Minimum required education - Bachelor's Degree.
For consideration, please forward cover letter with resume and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION) to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
9150 Chesapeake Drive
San Diego, CA 92123
Fax: (858) 277-1748
Online: Senior Walk Development Manager