How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: School & Youth Administrative Assistant
Position Location: South Central Texas Chapter
San Antonio, TX
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's South Central Texas Chapter is seeking a School & Youth Program Administrative Assistant.
- This position will support the material and bookkeeping needs for over 1000 schools participating in the school program.
- The Administrative Assistant we seek will be goal oriented, a self starter and team player with strong organizational and relationship building skills.
- This position works under the supervision and training of the School & Youth Program Manager.
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is the world?s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research in addition to providing education and patient services. The South Central Texas Chapter is one of 60 national chapters and services 92 Texas counties. Annually, over 1000 local families seek financial aid, education, information resources, and support groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes, tracks, and ships all school and program materials.
- Coordinates weekly mail outs to active schools.
- Maintains assigned office, program and event records, files and databases.
- Coordinates and maintains program financial records and reports for all schools.
- Organizes and ships all incentives for active schools.
- Oversees volunteer groups working on special projects to support the program.
- Receives and screens telephone calls and visitors, resolving routine and some complex inquiries.
- Maintains a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society mission and its programs to address them.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent word processing and database management.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient in business English, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Proficient in basic accounting and bookkeeping skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of standard business machines and computers.
- Professional maturity and judgment.
- Position aligns with a traditional school schedule beginning in August and wrapping up in May.
- Hours vary from 20 to 35 hours per week depending on school calendar and campaign season.
- This position enjoys all major holidays off, one week at Thanksgiving, two weeks at Christmas, one week for Spring Break, and summer season off.
Applications must be received on or before August 1, 2013.
Submit Resume to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
1218 Arion Parkway, Suite 102
San Antonio, TX 78216
Fax (210) 998-5420
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.