How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Team In Training Marathon Coach
Job Location: Lower Rio Grande Valley - Harlingen/Brownsville
Organization Name: Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training
Program Web Site: http://www.teamintraining.org/sctx
- Attend Team in Training information meetings and season Kickoff to assist recruitment efforts.
- Select training courses in the Rio Grande Valley area and prepare a four to five month long training schedule for all fitness levels; beginner, intermediate and advanced.
- Develop training materials and bi-weekly training schedules for participants of all levels; beginner, intermediate, advanced.
- Assist with coordinating and/or leading all team training events, with a minimum of 2 coach-led training events per week, 4-5 month training program with a 75% season attendance requirement.
- Coordinate various skill clinics to teach proper run and walk techniques, gear selection, injury prevention, and nutrition advice.
- Begin each group training session with appropriate warm-up exercises, stretching and announcements.
- Establish water stop locations at appropriate intervals for group training sessions.
- Provide clear route maps to all participants at group training sessions and mark the course as needed.
- Ensure all participants are supported throughout each group training session and finish the course safely
- Available at group training sessions and via phone/email during the week to answer training-related questions. Partner with Society staff to provide a competitive, customer service focused program. This includes timely response to staff within 24 hours of email or call, adherence to TNT policies set by Society staff and participation in pre-season, mid season and end of season meetings with TNT Staff.
Attend team socials and functions including: end of season wrap-up parties, team half way parties and send off parties, as well as pasta parties and victory parties as needed.
- Assist Team In Training staff during event weekend and ensure all team members finish the event safely.
- Perform other duties as required. Roles and responsibilities are not limited to this list.
- Expert in your sport and comfortable addressing and training large groups of participants
- CPR/First Aid certified
- Works well with people of all athletic abilities
- Friendly, outgoing and energetic personality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Commitment to the mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Works well with people of all athletic abilities. Friendly, outgoing, and energetic personality. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Previous Team In Training experience is preferred, but not required. Experience in your sport is a must.
Please submit resume with cover letter and salary requirements to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
4311 N 10th Ste. D
McAllen, TX 78054
Online: TNT Marathon Coach - Harlingen/Brownsville
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.