How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. When you work in one of our chapters, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Team In Training Coach Run, Walk, Run/Walk
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training (TNT) Program is the largest sports endurance training program in the nation. This year alone, Team In Training will train 30,000 people to complete an endurance event, while helping to find a cure for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease or myeloma. The position of Team In Training Coach is a contracted seasonal consultant position that provides coaching services to walk and run participants, while they raise funds for the Society.
- Please note that the time commitment for this position is typically 2-4 hours per week depending on group training length.
- Recruit new participants, and assist staff with recruitment efforts.
- Develop daily training schedules for participants at each level: beginner, intermediate and advanced.
- Coordinate and/or lead weekly training sessions, including: choose training courses and secure permits as necessary; provide clear route maps to all participants and mark course as needed; establish water stop locations at appropriate intervals; begin each session with appropriate warm up excercises and announcements; ensure that all participants are supported throughout each training session and finish safely; provide an emergency plan at all training sessions.
- Be available during the week, by phone or by email, to answer training-related questions.
- Assist staff during event weekend and ensure all team members finish safely and are accounted for. (Coaches attend the event to support participants, and do not compete in the event themselves.)
- Attend seasonal event(s) as assigned, assisting staff as necessary. Coaches are expected to attend the event to support participants only, not to race themselves.
- Obtain and maintain CPR certification.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Commitment to the mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Works well with people of all athletic abilities
- Friendly, outgoing, and energetic personality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous Team In Training experience is preferred, but not required
Please forward resume, cover letter, and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION):
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
South Carolina Chapter
Attn: Bayne Dangerfield - Campaign Director, Team in Training
107 Westpark Blvd., Suite 150, Columbia, SC 29210
To apply on-line, go to:
TNT Coach- South Carolina