How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position: Campaign Manager, Light The Night Walk
Location: Greater Sacramento Area
The Greater Sacramento Area Chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society seeks an energetic, highly organized, professional, motivated and hard working Campaign Manager for the Light The Night Walk.
Basic Overview and Function:
Light The Night is a short fundraising walk to celebrate and commemorate lives touched by blood cancers.
Will work under the direction of the Executive Director to manage and implement all aspects of the Light The Night Walk.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for recruitment and management of past and new fundraising participants in the Greater Sacramento chapter area.
- Identify and build relationships with corporate and community leaders.
- Manage cultivation of new sponsors and community in-kind partners.
- Recruit, develop and manage volunteer leadership and committees.
- Ensure growth of the campaign through motivation of participants and implementation of key fundraising elements.
- Identify ways to improve and grow programs to help take relationships and the Light The Night Campaign to a new level.
- Manage budget, forecast and control expenses to effectively meet and exceed income goals.
- Develop walk plans with timelines to ensure implementation. Coordinate event details, including incentive design and procurement, logistics, and fundraising plans.
- Maintain a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's mission and its programs.
- Occasional weekend work and travel within the assigned territory
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three-five years fundraising/special events planning experience required preferably with putting together a walk.
- Excellent computer skills (document design and database management)
- Excellent presentation and communication (oral and written) skills; must be comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Detail oriented with superior organizational skills.
- Strong phone skills - phone sales experience a plus.
- Capable of prioritizing projects and multi-tasking.
- Professional maturity and judgment with a positive attitude a must.
- Solid interpersonal skills and judgment.
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and diverse populations.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Minimum preferred education - Bachelor's degree.
- Management experiences a plus.
- Must pass a background check.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume with cover letter to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Greater Sacramento Area
2143 Hurley Way
Sacramento, CA 95825
Fax: (916) 929-6344
Online: Campaign Manager, LTN
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.