How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Team In Training Head Run/Walk Coach
Position Location: Denver Metro and Fort Collins
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training (TNT) Program is the largest sports endurance training program in the nation. The position of Team In Training Coach is a contracted seasonal consultant position that provides coaching services to walk and run participants, while they raise funds for LLS. Hours vary, and compensation is based on number of participants completing the program.
- Previous coaching experience
- Knowledge of all elements of a marathon
- Excellent communications skills and an enthusiasm for the program
- Ability to coach participants of all ability levels to complete a marathon or half marathon
- Professional demeanor
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgement
- Access to computer programs and email required
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist staff with recruitment of participants by attending and speaking at information meetings during the recruitment season. Actively promote Team In Training program through word of mouth, community races, writing articles, etc.
- Develop training materials and weekly group training schedules for participant of all levels; beginner, intermediate, advanced
- Coordinate and/or lead all team training events, with a minimum of two (2) coach-led weekend training events per month and two (2) coach-led mid week trainings per month, including:
- Arrive thirty minutes prior to start of group trainings in order to answer questions and provide customer service.
- Choose all training courses and secure all permits, as necessary.
- Provide clear route maps to all participants and mark the course as necessary.
- Establish water stop locations at appropriate intervals as outlined by TNT policy.
- Begin training meetings with warm-up exercises and announcements.
- Ensure all participants are supported throughout each training and finish safely.
- Provide for an emergency plan at all training sessions.
- Hold 3-4 training clinics to be held in conunction with team training or at team meetings, on such topics as; nutrition, injury prevention, shoe/equipment selection, strength training, sports psychology, etc.
- Send weekly communication to participants on training locations and topics, and be available during the week, by phone or email, to answer training-related questions.
- Partner with Society staff to provide a competitive, customer service focused program. This includes timely response to staff within 24 hours of email or call, adherence to TNT policies set by Society staff and participation in pre-season, mid season and end of season meetings with TNT Manager.
- Attend team socials and functions including: end of season wrap-up parties, team recommitment parties and send off parties, as well as pasta parties and victory parties as needed.
- Obtain CPR/First Aid certification through a recognized course such as through the American Red Cross, prior to commencement of coaching duties.
- Familiarize yourself with the event rules and communicate those rules and the ethics of competing fairly to your team.
- Assist Team In Training staff during event weekend and ensure all team members finish the event safely and are accounted for at the end of the day.
For more information about Team In Training, visit http://www.teamintraining.org/rm
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter along with salary requirements to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Rocky Mountain Chapter
720 S. Colorado Blvd, Suite 500S
Denver, CO 80246
Fax: (720) 440-8621
Online: TNT Head Coach Run/Walk
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.